Toro Rosso will give Jean-Eric Vergne his first run at an F1 race weekend on Friday.
The 21-year-old Frenchman, who finished runner-up in this year’s Formula Renault 3.5 championship, will take over Jaime Alguersuari’s car for the first practice session.
The team also confirmed he will drive in two further practice sessions this year.
He will take Sebastien Buemi’s place in the car at Abu Dhabi. At Interlagos he will drive the car of whichever driver has the least points.
He will not drive in practice for the Indian Grand Prix as the team wish to give maximum practice time to both their regular drivers on the new circuit.
Vergne drove for Toro Rosso in the young drivers’ test session last year.
2011 Korean Grand Prix
- Hamilton wins close vote for Korean GP Driver of the Weekend
- Unhappy Hamilton and muted crowd in fans’ Korean GP videos
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the Korean GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Team clinch title despite missed one-two
- McLaren: The old Hamilton reappears
- Ferrari: Alonso “gives up” on pursuit of Button
- Mercedes: Unlucky weekend for Schumacher
- Renault: No points for third time in six races
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari shines in team’s best result for 50 races
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images