In the round-up: Narain Karthikeyan will drive Vitantonio Liuzzi’s car in the first practice session in Korea.
Top F1 links from the past 24 hours:
“HRT will run Narain Karthikeyan in first practice in Korea again in place of Vitantonio Liuzzi. Still no word on who he’ll replace in India.”
“I do not want to see Vettel driving like this in years to come. He doesn?óÔé¼Ôäót need to. I believe that Michael Schumacher’s quite exceptional achievements as a Grand Prix driver will always be tainted by his occasionally forcing others off the road.”
“In the 2011 [Japanese] Grand Prix Felipe Massa was reporting understeer and his race engineer Rob Smedley radioed ‘Ok, we will do that rear wing thing’. At Massa’s subsequent pitstop, the rear wing gurney was removed. Reducing rear downforce to balance the car.”
“I think we could gave scored points with let?óÔé¼Ôäós say a cleaner race, and definitely without the safety car.”
“Let?óÔé¼Ôäós not forget that Michael [Schumacher] was clearly the number one driver at Ferrari; everything was geared towards him. Often his team mates simply drove for him. Whatever people may say about Red Bull and their perceived favouritism towards [Sebastian] Vettel, not many would question that the Australian receives equal treatment and equal opportunity.”
“By comparison to the old school of 20 years ago, they are big. But in terms of vibration, probably we don’t do enough.”
Your mission: Win this competition and investigate how wobbly those wing mirrors are…
“It was a blessing to be forced onto twitter. Thank you for all the memories you have reminded me of already! I look forward to sharing more.”
“Just over 4,000 tickets left for the Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix. Spread the word to friends and family so they don?óÔé¼Ôäót miss out! http://t.co/BVRuJS4X”
Follow F1 news as it breaks using the F1 Fanatic live Twitter app.
Comment of the day
Takeshi Nakamura spotted himself in the 2011 Japanese Grand Prix qualifying pictures gallery:
“Vamos beber” is Portguese, and means “let?óÔé¼Ôäós drink!” in English.
I?óÔé¼Ôäóm in this photo. The guy with the bottle is me!
Last weekend was very fantastic!
From the forum
There are now groups and forums set up for all of the races on the 2012 F1 calendar. If you’re planning a trip to one of these races and can share information with other F1 Fanatics who are, join in here:
- Going to the Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne
- Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang
- Going to the Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai
- Going to the Bahrain Grand Prix at Bahrain International Circuit
- Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya
- Going to the Monaco Grand Prix at Monte-Carlo
- Going to the Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
- Going to the European Grand Prix at Valencia Street Circuit
- Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- Going to the German Grand Prix at the Hockenheimring
- Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring
- Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps
- Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay
- Going to the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka
- Going to the Korean Grand Prix at Korea International Circuit
- Going to the Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit
- Going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina
- Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas
- Going to the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos
Happy birthday to F1abw!
On this day in F1
Gerhard Berger scored his maiden F1 victory in the Mexican Grand Prix 25 years ago today.
Check back on F1 Fanatic later today for a feature on this race.