Lewis Hamilton says the problems he’s experienced this year are mainly of his own making.
Speaking during today’s press conference he said: “I think it?óÔé¼Ôäós a combination of things. I put most of it down to myself and of course, there are times that you find yourself a little bit unfortunate.
“But whether it could be a yellow flag or something like that or traffic, it?óÔé¼Ôäós not really any excuse, we all have to do it, we all have to do the job.
“Others are able to do it, so I think it?óÔé¼Ôäós just been a lack of some pace, a lack of some being in the right place at the right time so that?óÔé¼Ôäós what we?óÔé¼Ôäóre working towards improving.”
Despite several incidents between him and Felipe Massa this year, Hamilton maintains he still respects his rival:
“The situation has not been great for some time now. I?óÔé¼Ôäóve always had respect for Felipe and still do today, regardless of the negative comments that he?óÔé¼Ôäós constantly coming up with.
It?óÔé¼Ôäós easy, in this sport, when you?óÔé¼Ôäóre competitive and in the heat of the moment, to say things that perhaps you don?óÔé¼Ôäót mean, whether or not he does mean them.
“But regardless, I?óÔé¼Ôäóve tried to show respect, particularly in the last race, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm very, very sorry for that. I really didn?óÔé¼Ôäót see him. I?óÔé¼Ôäóve just seen the replay today and he was quite far up the outside of me but out of my mirrors, I can?óÔé¼Ôäót see a thing, and I was looking to the right and I couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót see him, so by the time I realised he was on the left it was too late.
“I think I?óÔé¼Ôäóve been in the wrong place in the last few races. We?óÔé¼Ôäóve had the car to be quite a bit further ahead as Jenson [Button] showed and so perhaps if I was doing the right job I wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót be in this situation with Felipe but again, just all due respect and I hope that in the future we can put our guards down and he can be cool with me again. I?óÔé¼Ôäóm cool with him, so I have no problems with him.”
2011 Korean Grand Prix
- Hamilton wins close vote for Korean GP Driver of the Weekend
- Unhappy Hamilton and muted crowd in fans’ Korean GP videos
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the Korean GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Team clinch title despite missed one-two
- McLaren: The old Hamilton reappears
- Ferrari: Alonso “gives up” on pursuit of Button
- Mercedes: Unlucky weekend for Schumacher
- Renault: No points for third time in six races
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari shines in team’s best result for 50 races
Image ?é?® McLaren