Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa called for changes to the pit lane exit at the Korea International Circuit.
Drivers leaving the pits rejoin the circuit on the outside of the first corner, where they are in the firing line at the end of a the pit straight.
In the second practice session Nico Rosberg ran wide at the corner and hit Jaime Alguersuari, who was leaving the pits.
Massa said: “The exit of the pit lane is difficult, as one could see from the collision between Rosberg and Alguersuari: I think efforts should be made to improve it for the future.”
Alonso also has reservations but added praise for the reconfigured pit lane entrance:
“The entry to the pit lane is much improved compared to last year, but there is still room to do better with the exit.”
The barrier has been moved back at the corner before the pit lane entrance, making it easier for drivers to see if another car is turning into the pits.
Plans are being discussed for a system of warning lights to let drivers know when a car is leaving the pits.
2011 Korean Grand Prix
- Hamilton wins close vote for Korean GP Driver of the Weekend
- Unhappy Hamilton and muted crowd in fans’ Korean GP videos
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the Korean GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Team clinch title despite missed one-two
- McLaren: The old Hamilton reappears
- Ferrari: Alonso “gives up” on pursuit of Button
- Mercedes: Unlucky weekend for Schumacher
- Renault: No points for third time in six races
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari shines in team’s best result for 50 races
Image ?é?® Korean GP/Sutton