Mark Webber said coming in for his second pit stop on the same lap as Lewis Hamilton was a strategic error.
After the race he said he was: “Disappointing not to get second today.”
“We did a good job in the first stop and then got ourselves into a good position. Obviously the safety car was not a big deal for everyone, it just brought everyone back together.
“But I think at the second stop we did the worst thing. We didn’t stop before or stop after, we stopped on the same lap. So that was disappointing because clearly we had some good pace to pull away from Lewis.
“But it was a good battle all the way through, we had a good battle on the first lap as well, and that’s the way it was today so I look forward to the next one.”
2011 Korean Grand Prix
- Hamilton wins close vote for Korean GP Driver of the Weekend
- Unhappy Hamilton and muted crowd in fans’ Korean GP videos
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the Korean GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Team clinch title despite missed one-two
- McLaren: The old Hamilton reappears
- Ferrari: Alonso “gives up” on pursuit of Button
- Mercedes: Unlucky weekend for Schumacher
- Renault: No points for third time in six races
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari shines in team’s best result for 50 races
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images