2011 Korean GP team review
Both Force India drivers lost places on the straight but Di Resta salvaged a point.
|Adrian Sutil||Paul di Resta|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’38.219 (-0.035)||1’38.254|
Force India drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Paul di Resta||114.125||107.92||107.389||107.045||107.671||107.217||107.791||106.879||106.621||106.284||110.682||124.009||105.124||105.662||105.432||110.84||133.947||117.114||165.633||152.397||105.956||104.823||104.316||104.499||104.336||106.671||104.629||104.492||104.091||104.505||109.677||121.288||103.444||102.709||102.949||102.758||102.924||102.98||102.571||102.637||102.382||102.523||102.285||102.388||102.166||102.916||102.156||102.706||103.178||102.102||102.495||102.885||102.686||102.783||102.908|
|Pit stop 1||Super soft 24.82s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 21.916s|
Sutil reached Q3 but did not set a time in the session, starting tenth.
Both he and Di Resta were passed by Michael Schumacher and JAime Alguersuari within the first seven laps, the Force Indias lacking the straight-line speed to keep their rivals behind in the DRS zone.
Sutil passed his team mate on lap 26 but fell back behind him again at the final round of pit stops and finished 11th.
Paul di Resta
|Start tyre||Super soft|
|Pit stop 1||Super soft 22.075s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 21.06s|
Di Resta voiced his concerns about the straight-line speed advantage of his rivals before the race and they were realised.
He held ninth place with seven laps to go but the speed difference as the second Toro Rosso of Sebastien Buemi came past him in the DRS zone was too much for him to resist.
Di Resta had urged his team to use an aggressive strategy. But after the race he felt that even tweaking the strategy wouldn’t have changed the finishing position: “We probably should have been a bit more aggressive with the strategy and used my new super softs at the start of the race, rather than the used set, but I?óÔé¼Ôäóm not sure it would have changed where we finished.”
2011 Korean Grand Prix
- Hamilton wins close vote for Korean GP Driver of the Weekend
- Unhappy Hamilton and muted crowd in fans’ Korean GP videos
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the Korean GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Team clinch title despite missed one-two
- McLaren: The old Hamilton reappears
- Ferrari: Alonso “gives up” on pursuit of Button
- Mercedes: Unlucky weekend for Schumacher
- Renault: No points for third time in six races
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari shines in team’s best result for 50 races
Image ?é?® Force India F1 Team