Sebastian Vettel’s post-race doughnuts in Japan was just one of the unseen highlights of the race weekend.
During the drivers’ parade Kamui Kobayashi hopped out of his car and greeted his fans at turn two.
Here’s a selection of fans’ videos from the Japanese Grand Prix.
A marvellous impression of speed as the cars tackle 130R.
Outside the track, Vettel is spotted by fans and tosses a pen back to one of them, presumably after signing something for them.
Lots of support for home hero Kamui Kobayashi as he starts his last lap in Q2. Listen to the din from his exhaust as he enters turn two:
Much applause as he secures a place in the top ten:
Kobayashi acknowledges the crowd during the drivers’ parade, stopping his car and going over to them:
Moments away from the start of the race, pole sitter Vettel and fellow front row starter Jenson Button are seen next to their cars:
The drivers set off on the formation lap, seen here from turn two:
A brilliant vantage point to watch the spectacle and hear the cacophony of noise at a Grand Prix start:
After the race Vettel celebrated his second world championship victory with a few cheeky doughnuts. Incredibly, this was missed by the television director, and so far has only been seen in videos shot by fans.
Here’s the best footage of it I’ve found so far:
See more fans’ videos from the Japanese Grand Prix in the forum:
And share any fans’ videos you’ve seen or filmed yourself at the Korean Grand Prix:
2011 Japanese Grand Prix
- Rate the race result: 2011 Japanese GP
- Kobayashi greets the fans, Vettel does doughnuts: Suzuka videos
- Hamilton did not have a puncture at Suzuka
- 2011 Japanese Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your Japanese Grand Prix driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Conservative approach delivers Vettel’s title
- McLaren: Button pleased to win on ‘Red Bull track’
- Ferrari: Alonso edges Vettel for second
- Mercedes: Schumacher closes on Rosberg’s tally
- Renault: Petrov makes progress, Senna slips back
Image ?é?® Sauber F1 Team
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others