2011 Indian Grand Prix
Sauber say they’ve got to the bottom of the problems they experienced during the Korean Grand Prix.
The C30s were the only cars to pit three times during the race as they struggled with their tyres.
Technical director James Key said: “After our performance in Korea was clearly below our own expectations, we analysed all the data carefully and came to the conclusion that we underestimated the limitation on the front axle and front tyres.
“As a result we suffered from too much understeer, which resulted in over loading the front tyres.”
Key said tyres will be a factor again in India next week as teams have to use the hard tyres, which most teams haven’t raced on since the Spanish Grand Prix:
“We will have the soft and the hard tyre compound there. It?óÔé¼Ôäós quite some time since we ran the hard compound, so we?óÔé¼Ôäóll have to see how that goes.
“A lot depends on track temperatures, but given the nature of the track with several highly loaded corners, it could be that the hard tyre will warm up okay and last. Maybe the soft will struggle, but you never really know until you?óÔé¼Ôäóre there.”
Kamui Kobayashi said he’s looking forward to his first visit to India: “It will be my first time in India and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm very curious to discover a bit about the country.
“Everybody is telling us to be careful with the food. In a way I?óÔé¼Ôäóm a bit worried about my stomach, but at the same time butter chicken curry is my favourite food and I would love to have it where it comes from.
“Obviously I don?óÔé¼Ôäót know the track yet. Maybe I will walk it, although generally I don?óÔé¼Ôäót regard track walking as being really very useful. The speed you have when you are on the circuit with the F1 car is so different it changes everything.”
Sergio Perez added he will drive the circuit in Ferrari’s simulator on Monday before the race.
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Image ?é?® Sauber F1 Team
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others