Fans’ videos from the Korean Grand Prix weekend captured an unhappy Lewis Hamilton on pole position.
And at the end of the race, few in the crowd seemed to notice or care that Sebastian Vettel had just crossed the line to win – there was little applause at all.
But while the scarcity of videos from practice shows the crowd was thin on Friday, clearly a lot more people showed up on Sunday.
Here’s a selection of fans’ videos from the Korean Grand Prix weekend.
It was a wet start to the weekend:
Here are two British fans who made it all the way to Mokpo:
This shot from turn 11 does an excellent job of showing what a racket the blown diffusers make:
Qualifying is over and Lewis Hamilton is on pole position but you wouldn’t know it from looking at him – the camera-wielding fan wisely gets out of the way:
The grid clears ahead of the start:
A view of the start of the race:
The field rounds turn two, Heikki Kovalainen finds a few places after taking to the run-off:
A good view of several corners from turn eight:
A great shot of the Mercedes pit crew at work servicing Nico Rosberg’s car:
This edit of one fan’s videos including some footage of the finish, where it seems few in the crowd were moved to applaud Sebastian Vettel’s tenth race victory:
Schumacher’s bent Mercedes on a flatbed after the race
Hit the forum for more fans’ videos from the Korean Grand Prix:
2011 Korean Grand Prix
- Hamilton wins close vote for Korean GP Driver of the Weekend
- Unhappy Hamilton and muted crowd in fans’ Korean GP videos
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the Korean GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Team clinch title despite missed one-two
- McLaren: The old Hamilton reappears
- Ferrari: Alonso “gives up” on pursuit of Button
- Mercedes: Unlucky weekend for Schumacher
- Renault: No points for third time in six races
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari shines in team’s best result for 50 races
Image © Korean GP/Sutton