2011 Indian GP second practice
Felipe Massa put Ferrari on top in the second practice session for the Indian Grand Prix.
Massa took over at the top of the times from Sebastian Vettel, who led the way through most of the second fastest session.
The second Ferrari of Fernando Alonso was third, ahead of Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber.
The session was interrupted halfway through when Jerome d’Ambrosio had a sizeable crash at turn 12.
The Virgin driver lost control of his car at the exit of turn 11 and spun into the barrier at the outside of the next corner. The right-rear of the car was heavily damaged, but D’Ambrosio was unharmed.
The session resumed after a brief interruption but the slippery track continued to catch drivers out. Turns six and seven were a particularly source of difficulty. Vitaly Petrov spun off on the way into the corner and several other drivers cut across the run-off at the second part of the turn.
Pastor Maldonado lost a lot of time when he spun into a gravel trap.
The pit lane exit caused problems for several drivers. Vettel and Adrian Sutil were among the drivers who had near-misses during the session.
Both Mercedes drivers had a quiet session, Nico Rosberg ending up 19th, Michael Schumacher 21st.
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Image ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others