2011 Indian Grand Prix in pictures

F1 pictures

Gallery of pictures from the first Indian Grand Prix.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India/Sutton, Sauber F1 Team, Team Lotus, Virgin Racing, Motioncompany, Pirelli

8 comments on 2011 Indian Grand Prix in pictures

1. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 30th October 2011, 18:36

The straight leading to Turn 3 really does make the elevation change look huge.

2. John H (@john-h) said on 30th October 2011, 23:48

The photographer at Virgin seems to know what he/she is doing. Beautiful pictures.

3. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 31st October 2011, 7:43

In one picture of Schumacher he rides the elevated kerb of Turn 6 exactly as Massa did with Turn 7’s, and while the picture clearly shows that his suspension is pushed to the limit, still it didn’t brake.

I wonder if Ferrari is lagging behind in the field of suspension flexibility and durability as well…

4. mphipps (@mphipps) said on 31st October 2011, 12:12

Love the picture of the Hamilton pitstop. Can also clearly in that picture how many of the grandstand seats are sadly empty.

5. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 1st November 2011, 5:59

I love the orange-y tinted sunset pictures. This circuit looks gorgeous under the Indian sun. Pity for the smog, as I think it would look heaps better if the air was clearer. Hopefully they’ve planted some trees around the track for next year, too.

But I think this picture is going to have to be my new background.

Also, here are a few of my favourites from formula1.com.

The minute of silence. (Fantastic photo)

Alguersuari and Hamilton.

A beautiful shot of the Hispania in the sunset.

Another sunset shot. I just love the way the track is lit by the orange sun. It looks so distinctive.

6. michaela light (@dijonprenois) said on 19th February 2012, 1:35

love this track so much, aaaaah…. always make me feel happy, how i vl go visit one day, it really is incredible india :)