2011 Indian GP team review
Daniel Ricciardo had to make an extra pit stop after a wheel hub problem.
|Narain Karthikeyan||Daniel Ricciardo|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’30.238 (+0.022)||1’30.216|
HRT drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Pit stop 1||Soft 24.046s|
|Pit stop 2||Hard 23.605s|
The only Indian driver on the grid. He made a one-off return to the car at the expense of Vitantonio Liuzzi. But he took his old car number back, meaning Ricciardo drove number 23.
Karthikeyan moved ahead of his team mate at the start but hit the rear of Jarno Trulli at turn three, damaging his front wing.
He was passed by his team mate on lap two but ended the race ahead of him in 17th, half a second behind Jerome d’Ambrosio.
Karthikeyan said: “It?óÔé¼Ôäós an awesome feeling to have completed the first ever Indian Grand Prix and to have been competitive with our main rivals which proved a lot of points.”
|Pit stop 1||Soft 25.074s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 42.529s|
|Pit stop 3||Hard 28.474s|
Riccairdo pipped Karthikeyan by two-hundredths of a second in qualifying. He lost out to his one-off team mate at the start but re-passed him on the second lap.
He ran until lap 25 on his first set of soft tyres but a problem with the right-rear wheel hub at his first pit stop forced him to make a second visit just seven laps later. As well as the extra pit stop he was stationary for a further 20 seconds.
After a final pit stop for his mandatory change to hard tyres he finished half a minute behind his team mate: “It?óÔé¼Ôäós a shame because we had to do an extra pit stop and lost quite a bit of time with that,” he said.
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Image ?é?® Motioncompany