2011 Indian GP team review
The Lotus duo blamed HRT drivers for delays in their race.
|Heikki Kovalainen||Jarno Trulli|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’28.565 (-0.187)||1’28.752|
Lotus drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Pit stop 1||Soft 22.226s|
|Pit stop 2||Hard 22.001s|
As ever it was Kovalainen who led the way for Lotus, confirming their gradual progress towards the midfield by qualifying seven-tenths of a second slower than Kamui Kobayashi.
As several cars in front of him made early pit stops, Kovalainen briefly ran 14th and was as high as tenth before his first pit stop.
After the race he was critical of the HRT drivers: “I was seriously held up by the HRTs when they had blue flags shown to them. I think they held up Lewis [Hamilton] as well and they definitely cost me quite a lot of time.”
|Pit stop 1||Soft 40.734s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 22.894s|
|Pit stop 3||Hard 24.1501s|
Trulli was hit by Narain Karthikeyan on the first lap, tipping him into a spin. He had to drag the car back to the pits with a puncture and rear floor damage.
This left him over two minutes behind at the end of lap two, making for a very boring race. “The bad luck struck again,” he lamented.
Drove Heikki Kovalainen’s car in first practice.
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Image © Team Lotus