2011 Indian GP team review
Toro Rosso and Sauber are now level on 41 points with two races to go.
|Sebastien Buemi||Jaime Alguersuari|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’26.161 (-0.158)||1’26.319|
Toro Rosso drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Pit stop 1||Soft 22.579s|
Buemi headed an all-Toro Rosso fifth row of the grid as the team continued its late-season surge.
He locked his tyres heading into turn one as Michael Schumacher and Alguersuari made their way past.
But later in the first stint he followed his team mate past Bruno Senna and Adrian Sutil.
It was all in vain, however, as his car came to a stop on the 25th lap: “When the car stopped, I had just passed Hamilton, I was lying eighth and I think we could have finished in the top eight,” he said.
“When you go from that promising situation, to a non finish with no points, it?óÔé¼Ôäós a bit difficult to take.”
|Pit stop 1||Soft 22.856s|
|Pit stop 2||Hard 23.084s|
Alguersuari had a fraught Friday, crashing in the first practice session and having a few off-track moment in the second.
But he got it together on Saturday to line up alongside his team mate in the grid.
By lap 14 the Toro Rosso’s strong straight line speed in the DRS zone had taken him up to ninth place. Aided by Felipe Massa’s retirement, he finished eighth to put Toro Rosso level with Sauber in the constructors’ championship.
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others