2011 Indian GP team review
Timo Glock had a gearbox problem in qualifying, then was taken out at the start by Kamui Kobayashi.
|Timo Glock||Jerome D’Ambrosio|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’34.046 (+3.18)||1’30.866|
Virgin drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Pit stop 1||Soft 27.378s|
Glock’s qualifying session ended shortly after his first time lap when his car developed a gearbox problem. He missed the 107% cut but was allowed to start.
It didn’t get any better in the race as he was hit by Kamui Kobayashi at the start: “I just came down into turn one on the outside and all of a sudden I saw bits flying around.
“I braked a bit earlier than normal and when I turned, suddenly Kamui Kobayashi drove straight into me and I couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót avoid the crash. My front wing was damaged so I came back in to change it, and we realised that we also had quite a lot of damage on the left side of the car, so we decided to stop.”
|Pit stop 1||Soft 22.687s|
|Pit stop 2||Hard 22.472s|
D’Ambrosio lost time in second practice after a heavy crash at turn 12. He was out-qualified by both HRTs but penalties dropped them back behind him.
He fell back behind them at the start but ended the race ahead of them by running two long stints on soft tyres and making a late switch to hards.
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Image ?é?® Virgin Racing