2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Pastor Maldonado will start the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix with a ten-place grid penalty.
The Williams driver will use his ninth engine of the season in the next race, which carries an automatic penalty.
Williams chief operations engineer Mark Gillan said: “Pastor will use a ninth engine in Abu Dhabi, due to damage incurred following the gearbox failure in India, he will therefore incur a subsequent 10-place grid penalty.
“Rubens [Barrichello] will use a new eighth engine.”
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others