Jean-Eric Vergne will drive for Red Bull in the young drivers’ test following the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Vergne drove for Toro Rosso in practice for the Korean Grand Prix.
He said: “I?óÔé¼Ôäóm really looking forward to driving the RB7 in Abu Dhabi. I know the track already and have had some track time in a Formula 1 car this year, which will help.
“I?óÔé¼Ôäóm extremely happy that Red Bull Racing has given me this opportunity, it will be a massive experience for me and to be driving the best Formula One car is something quite amazing. I will make the best out of the three days, it will be an important three days and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm looking forward to it.”
Vergne was runner-up in this year’s Formula Renault 3.5 championship. The young drivers’ test takes place on the 15th-17th of November at the Yas Marina circuit.
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles