Lewis Hamilton says the characteristics of the Yas Marina circuit should suit his car.
The McLaren driver said: “I think we?óÔé¼Ôäóve got every reason to be confident for Abu Dhabi.
“This circuit should really suit the characteristics of our car ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ we should be able to capitalise on the layout to maximise the benefit of DRS and KERS, both of which are very strong on our car.”
Hamilton scored his last victory in the German Grand Prix in July.
Team mate Jenson Button expects to see more overtaking in the third Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: “It?óÔé¼Ôäós usually been quite difficult to overtake here, especially last year, but I think that DRS will change all that.
“The back straight is one of the longest in Formula 1 so I expect to see a lot of action there. It would be great to see the new rules turn this circuit into a place where overtaking is more common and more exciting.”
2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Hamilton voted Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
- Rate the race result: 2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Pirelli say tyre failure did not cause Vettel retirement
- Vote for your Abu Dhabi GP driver of the weekend
- McLaren: Relief for Hamilton after return to winning ways
- Ferrari: Slow pit stop costs Alonso shot at victory
- Red Bull: Mystery puncture halts the Vettel steamroller
- Mercedes: Rosberg comes out ahead after first-lap scrap
- Force India: Team tightens grasp on sixth in championship
- Sauber: Kobayashi ends seven-race drought
Image ?é?® McLaren