Liuzzi looking forward to Abu Dhabi return

2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Vitantonio Liuzzi, HRT, Suzuka, 2011

Vitantonio Liuzzi, HRT, Suzuka, 2011

Vitantonio Liuzzi will return to racing for HRT in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix next weekend.

Narain Karthikeyan took his place in the team for the Indian Grand Prix.

Liuzzi, who raced in the Gold Coast Australian V8 race after the Korean Grand Prix, said: “After lending my car to Narain for the Indian Grand Prix, I?m really looking forward to getting back into the action in Abu Dhabi.

“I?m positive coming into it because in India the car appeared to suit the track well and our pace was good in comparison to our rivals. Abu Dhabi is a special track because there is a lot of stop and go so we need to work on braking and traction.

“There are not many high speed corners and, overall, it is quite a tricky track because you have to work a lot over the kerbs. It is a circuit that I like and one where I have performed well in the past. We will face another tough weekend in Abu Dhabi but I am sure that we will put up a good fight.”

Team mate Daniel Ricciardo previously drove on the track for Red Bull last year’s young driver test.

Team principal Colin Kolles said: “For the first time, Daniel will drive at a racetrack that he has already been before with a Formula 1 as he was one of the young drivers participating in the post-race test. He actually had an impressive performance and, although this time will be a different situation, I am confident that this can allow him to kick the weekend off from a better position.

“Tonio will be back in the car this weekend and he is highly motivated. I am sure that we will see an interesting Grand Prix. The team’s performance has improved th roughout the season and the last races have been particularly positive for us. We certainly are in a much better position than we were eight months ago and I hope that we will continue this way until the end.”

2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Browse all 2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Motioncompany

20 comments on Liuzzi looking forward to Abu Dhabi return

1. Magnificent Geoffrey (@magnificent-geoffrey) said on 4th November 2011, 15:05

Just thinking, have we just witnessed the final Grand Prix start for Narain Karthikeyan?

2. TED BELL said on 4th November 2011, 15:36

Would be nice to see HRT get some decent results.

3. graham228221 (@graham228221) said on 4th November 2011, 16:26

That cap must be a best seller

4. Tommo N7 (@tommothfc) said on 4th November 2011, 17:40

I wonder if Liuzzi will be with HRT next season. He hasn’t exactly done brilliantly in a HRT, but then could anyone else do better? I have a thought that if Williams get enough investment that they could replace Maldonado, then he could end up at HRT, but that’s opening another can of worms. I can’t see HRT moving forward soon, despite the KERS deal with Williams, and I can’t see any other teams wanting to take Liuzzi on. I think his days are numbered.

5. PJ (@pjtierney) said on 4th November 2011, 17:45

After lending my car to Narain for the Indian Grand Prix

I can imagine Narain 3 weeks ago going:

“Tonio, can I please have a go in your machine when we head back to my place in a fortnight?”

“Sure Narain, but I want it returned in the same condition as when I gave it to you!”

6. Formula KID (@alexdell) said on 5th November 2011, 4:27

Nice 1 ….lol…..

7. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 5th November 2011, 10:15

Almost a shame for Karthikeyan, he had a good result in India.

I wonder if Liuzzi will be about next year…