2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Vitantonio Liuzzi will return to racing for HRT in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix next weekend.
Narain Karthikeyan took his place in the team for the Indian Grand Prix.
Liuzzi, who raced in the Gold Coast Australian V8 race after the Korean Grand Prix, said: “After lending my car to Narain for the Indian Grand Prix, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm really looking forward to getting back into the action in Abu Dhabi.
“I?óÔé¼Ôäóm positive coming into it because in India the car appeared to suit the track well and our pace was good in comparison to our rivals. Abu Dhabi is a special track because there is a lot of stop and go so we need to work on braking and traction.
“There are not many high speed corners and, overall, it is quite a tricky track because you have to work a lot over the kerbs. It is a circuit that I like and one where I have performed well in the past. We will face another tough weekend in Abu Dhabi but I am sure that we will put up a good fight.”
Team mate Daniel Ricciardo previously drove on the track for Red Bull last year’s young driver test.
Team principal Colin Kolles said: “For the first time, Daniel will drive at a racetrack that he has already been before with a Formula 1 as he was one of the young drivers participating in the post-race test. He actually had an impressive performance and, although this time will be a different situation, I am confident that this can allow him to kick the weekend off from a better position.
“Tonio will be back in the car this weekend and he is highly motivated. I am sure that we will see an interesting Grand Prix. The team’s performance has improved th roughout the season and the last races have been particularly positive for us. We certainly are in a much better position than we were eight months ago and I hope that we will continue this way until the end.”
2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Hamilton voted Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
- Rate the race result: 2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Pirelli say tyre failure did not cause Vettel retirement
- Vote for your Abu Dhabi GP driver of the weekend
- McLaren: Relief for Hamilton after return to winning ways
- Ferrari: Slow pit stop costs Alonso shot at victory
- Red Bull: Mystery puncture halts the Vettel steamroller
- Mercedes: Rosberg comes out ahead after first-lap scrap
- Force India: Team tightens grasp on sixth in championship
- Sauber: Kobayashi ends seven-race drought
Image ?é?® Motioncompany
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others