Felipe Massa says he’s glad to have the “full support” of Ferrari amid speculation over his future at the team.
Massa said: “Of course I am aware of what our president [Luca di] Montezemolo and [Stefano] Domenicali said about me, making it clear once again that I am definitely driving for the Scuderia next season.
“From my point of view, it is important that I have the full support of the team behind me, which is always very positive.”
Massa admitted next year will be “important” for him: “At the moment my main focus is on continuing to push as hard as I can for these last two races of the season.
“I know that next year will be a very important one for the whole team, given that this season did not go as well as expected and it will also be a very important time for me.
“Within the team, we are already looking to next year, knowing that our pre-season target must be to produce a package that can be competitive from the very first Grand Prix, allowing us to fight for the win at every race. In 2012 we must have a better season than this one.”
Ferrari technical director Pat Fry said the team will use another development of its new front wing this weekend: “I think the biggest addition we?óÔéĽÔäóve made in performance terms in recent races is the new front wing which we first tried in Korea. We then ran it again on both cars in India.
“It is a very interesting development for us, as it does change the characteristics of the car and getting to understand how to get the most out of it is certainly an interesting challenge and in the short term it has helped our performance.
“We had some quality issue on one of the wings used in India but this solution will be in Abu Dhabi again, although after watching its behaviour at the last race, much work has been done to modify certain aspects of it before both drivers will try it this coming weekend.”
2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Hamilton voted Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
- Rate the race result: 2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Pirelli say tyre failure did not cause Vettel retirement
- Vote for your Abu Dhabi GP driver of the weekend
- McLaren: Relief for Hamilton after return to winning ways
- Ferrari: Slow pit stop costs Alonso shot at victory
- Red Bull: Mystery puncture halts the Vettel steamroller
- Mercedes: Rosberg comes out ahead after first-lap scrap
- Force India: Team tightens grasp on sixth in championship
- Sauber: Kobayashi ends seven-race drought
Image ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo