Nico Rosberg will remain with Mercedes in 2012 after signing a new “multi-year” deal with the team.
Rosberg joined Mercedes at the beginning of last year and will stay with the team until at least the end of 2013.
Team principal Ross Brawn said: “We are delighted to have extended our contract with Nico as we know that he is a driver who can win races and championships.
“Nico has performed exceptionally well for our Silver Arrows team over the past two seasons, achieving results at the very limit of the technical capabilities of our current car. He has an excellent work ethic and, together with Michael [Schumacher], this gives us a driver pairing who consistently push the team to improve and progress.
“As we continue to strengthen our team for the future, we look forward to providing Nico with a car which will enable him to compete right at the front of the field and achieve his deserved first win in Formula One.”
Rosberg added: “To win in a Silver Arrow will be one of the highlights of my life so far, and I greatly enjoy helping to lead our team in our quest to become the best in Formula One.
“I have every confidence that the team will provide me with a winning car, and that we will be able to contribute to the fantastic racing heritage of the Silver Arrows.”
See the updated list of 2012 F1 drivers and teams.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Mercedes