2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in pictures

F1 pictures

A collection of pictures from the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India/Sutton, Sauber F1 Team, Team Lotus, Virgin Racing, Motioncompany, Pirelli, Yas Marina Circuit

13 comments on 2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in pictures

1. gwenouille (@gwenouille) said on 13th November 2011, 19:53

Man, the wrapping paper is truly magnificient… but the present itself doesn’t glitter half as much.

2. Wow! I really like Abu Dhabi as a facility. On-track action might be bad, but thsi circuit is aesthetically better than all the other new Tilkedromes.

• TheWittyWeasel (@thewittyweasel) said on 13th November 2011, 22:20

This place is amazing – I was lucky enough to go there in April (and stay in the Yas Hotel :O) and it really really is truly superb. They have a great tour facility (my facebook picture is of me sitting in race control) and I can’t really see something like that in Korea or even India really.

And I didn’t really think the race was all THAT bad today :P

3. Calum (@calum) said on 13th November 2011, 23:10

I’ll echo the sentiments of the others, beautiful setup, the best infrastructure – almost like an oasis in the middle of the desert – but the racing is dire..almost laughable the way a DRS pass was followed up by a repass almost instantly. And althoughI think a single DRS would have provided enough passes and been sufficient, the fact this track relied so heavily on DRS suggests the circuit changes are needed!

4. Manter MBS (@sridharbhanu) said on 13th November 2011, 23:10

Where is Adrian?

5. Milansson (@milansson) said on 14th November 2011, 10:37

hm.. i always look forward to the race pictures so much.. and then i see 7 pics of the lotuses? wow.. i was hoping for more pics of the top teams (+mercedes) :)

but cool anyway.. the race itself.. well.. how should i put it delicately… BORING..

hope Brazil (a real race track) will be much better…

sorry for being a bit negative, but I was hoping that with Vettel crashing out in turn 2, the race would be much more entertaining.. but it just wasn’t..

6. soundscape (@soundscape) said on 14th November 2011, 11:46

The picture of a Ferarri in pit lane getting its tyres changed by crew labelled as Alonso, appears to actually be Massa.

7. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 14th November 2011, 21:02

Is it just me, or did the hotel not change colour at all?

I did like the chequered flag effect, however.

8. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 21st November 2011, 15:39

Only just got around to looking at these and wow. Even if the on track action is lacking, it is a marvellous looking Grand Prix!