2011 F1 testing
Jean-Eric Vergne stayed on top in the second day of testing at Abu Dhabi by a small margin over Jules Bianchi.
Vergne’s best lap in the Red Bull was less than a tenth of a second faster than Bianchi’s in the Ferrari.
A KERS problem on the RB7 limited Vergne’s running in the afternoon. He was delayed by a sensor problem earlier on in the test.
Bianchi racked up 91 laps testing new engine management component on the Ferrari and evaluating Pirelli’s 2011 development tyres.
Esteban Gutierrez made his fourth appearance in a Sauber F1 car following earlier drives for the team at the test in 2009 and 2010. He lost around 20 minutes of running due to an hydraulic problem.
HRT split their running between Jan Charouz and Nathanael Berthon, the latter making a brief appearance in the car ahead of his day’s running tomorrow.
An engine problem delayed Charouz but he was impressed by the team’s rapid work to change the Cosworth power unit, saying “I?óÔé¼Ôäóve never seen anybody change an engine so quickly.”
|Jean-Eric Vergne||Red Bull||1’40.188||43|
|Johnny Cecotto Jnr||Force India||1’42.873||2.685||84|
|Kevin Ceccon||Toro Rosso||1’44.808||4.620||97|
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- 2011 F1 testing diary part four: Barcelona
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images