Jan Charouz will make his debut in an F1 race weekend for HRT in Brazil.
The Czech driver will take over Vitantonio Liuzzi’s car in the first practice session.
Charouz drove for HRT and Renault in the young drivers’ test at Yas Marina last week.
He said: “I am really happy to have this opportunity and would like to thank my father for his great support. I can?óÔé¼Ôäót forget to also thank my sponsors who make this possible.
“I hope to do well in Brazil although I am aware that it will not be easy. Interlagos is a circuit I have never raced at but one that I have tried out on the simulator and really liked it there. Hopefully the difference in experience with my team mate isn?óÔé¼Ôäót too telling but, regardless, I will give it my best shot.”
2011 Brazilian Grand Prix
- Sutil voted Driver of the Weekend for Brazil
- Vettel “definitely affected” by gearbox problem – Webber
- 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for Brazilian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Gearbox glitch hands win to Webber
- McLaren: Button wanted to pass Alonso without using DRS
- Massa makes 100 Ferrari starts but no podium
- Ferrari: Alonso slips back on medium tyres
- Mercedes: Two-stop strategy leaves Rosberg vulnerable
- Force India: Sutil equals best result of the year
Image ?é?® Motioncompany