Kamui Kobayashi is wearing a special helmet for this weekend’s race.
The design created by Linkin Park is to raise money for international aid for victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami through Music for Relief.
Vitantonio Liuzzi is also using a very unusual special helmet design for this race. Here’s what his team had to say about it:
“It is the seventh special edition designed this season by Kaos Design, but this new helmet is different to the rest and will be different to anything seen before in Formula 1. With a completely black base, the characteristic lines which Tonio has on his standard helmet will be drawn in white with the sponsors and VL logo written in golden leaves.
“The name of the helmet is ‘K-Writeme’ and it is covered in a material similar to that of a blackboard meaning that Tonio can write and erase what he wants on the surface until he is happy with the design.”
Here are pictures from Thursday at Interlagos.
- First pictures and video: McLaren MP4-30 revealed
- 50 years of Honda F1 cars in pictures
- New nose rules a headache for designers – Williams
- Hamilton’s second championship victory in pictures
- Fernando Alonso: The Ferrari years in pictures
- Hulkenberg tests Porsche 919 at Aragon
- Sebastian Vettel: The Red Bull era in pictures
- The 2014 F1 season pictures in over 100 pictures
- Vettel has first run for Ferrari at Fiorano
- Hamilton & Mercedes celebrate titles at Stars & Cars
Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India/Sutton, Sauber F1 Team, Motioncompany