Toro Rosso has hired Luca Furbatto from McLaren as its new chief designer.
The 39-year-old, who was an assistant project engineer on the MP4-26, will join Toro Rosso next month.
Furbatto spent 11 years at McLaren.
Toro Rosso has expanded its technical staff since a change in the rules last year required the team to design its own car instead of using chassis supplied by Red Bull Technology.
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images