2012 F1 season
Sky has launched a new channel for its Formula 1 coverage in the UK 2012.
Sky Sports and Sky HD customers will receive the Sky Sports F1 channel as part of their subscription.
A standard definition Sky Sports subscription costs ?ť?ķ40 per month for a minimum 12-month contract, plus a ?ť?ķ30 set-up fee, totalling ?ť?ķ510*.
The F1 channel will also be available to HD pack subscribers without Sky Sports, at an annual cost of ?ť?ķ363*.
BBC will continue to show half of next year’s races live free-to-air, with delayed highlights of the remaining races.
Sky say their channel will show every race plus all the practice and qualifying sessions live. They will offer extra live content during races including, “on-board cameras… behind the scenes with the teams in the pits and… race data.”
Managing director of Sky Sports Barney Francis said: “Formula 1 followers are hungry for more and we want to give them the ultimate experience. It’s not just every minute of every race but a channel devoted to Formula 1.
“We can now tell the whole story of the season, from every Grand Prix, from start to finish.”
Over 35,000 British F1 fans have signed a petition urging the government to require F1 to be broadcast on free-to-air channels.
*There are the lowest prices I could find for new subscriptions via Sky’s various configurations. If you can find cheaper deals, please post details in the comments.
F1 on television
- Will F1’s UK audience recover from its 2012 slump?
- Sky to raise F1 channel cost and offer cut-price stream
- Is 3D or Ultra HD the future of F1 broadcasting?
- Sky to show final pre-season test in 3D
- UK F1 television audience falls after BBC/Sky deal
- UK TV audience falls by one million at Sky’s first F1 race
- Ben Edwards to join BBC commentary team
- Brundle joined by Croft and Davidson at Sky
- BBC reveal free-to-air live F1 races for 2012
- Sky launch dedicated UK F1 channel
Image ?ť?ģ Red Bull/Getty images
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others