Rate the race: 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix

Debates and polls

What did you think of the Brazilian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (7%)
  • 4 (8%)
  • 5 (19%)
  • 6 (29%)
  • 7 (21%)
  • 8 (8%)
  • 9 (2%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 415

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

152 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix

1. Gurpz (@gurpz) said on 27th November 2011, 19:56

I’ve been obsessed with / watched F1 for a long time now and never miss anything F1-related, but today’s race was yawn-inducing. The only thing remotely exciting was Alonso’s pass on Button. I can honestly say for the first time in well over a decade that watching this race was a waste of time. I was really looking forward to it as well and got up this morning with high hopes of a great GP to end the season (as Brazil has always produced great racing), but it just didn’t materialise. Ah well, only have to wait a few months before the new season and looking forward to the RB day in Milton Keynes!

2. John H (@john-h) said on 27th November 2011, 20:02

DRS actually made the race worse!!

3. Bore-fest. Nearly fell asleep. Just like last year.

2/10

4. dirgegirl (@dirgegirl) said on 27th November 2011, 20:08

I voted 6 but wonder if I should have downgraded to 5. Certainly the least exciting Interlagos race I can remember. I’m sure the stewards had their reasons but Senna’s penalty was annoying. Hey ho. Roll on 2012!

5. don knowles (@don-knowles) said on 27th November 2011, 21:04

Got to reduce the importance of aero. How many cars would be competitive if the aero effectiveness was redused 50% Would we as fans miss the reduced downforce?

6. matthewf1 (@) said on 27th November 2011, 21:15

credibility of race 0/10
    fictional creativity 10/10

7. Dan_the_McLaren_fan (@dan_the_mclaren_fan) said on 27th November 2011, 21:41

I don’t know why everyone is disappointed, I enjoyed this race, it was decent.

I saw interesting battles : the Button-Alonso was fun (Alonso did a great pass on Button, and then I was excited when Jenson came back at the end to pass him eventualy), and the Hamilton-Massa was really good too (I felt really tense during that battle, and I was really excited when I sensed Lewis was about to pass Massa after the pitstop).
    Sure, there were disappointments (the rain didn’t come, and a rain dance didn’t help :-( ), and I felt really gutted when Lewis had to retire.
    Finally, it was good Mark Webber has managed to eventualy win a race : he fairly deserved a win this season. A pity he didn’t win the race in a fair fight with Vettel, but you can’t have everything can you?

Anyway, I voted 7/10 : a good race to close a season, which I would also rate 7/10 : the championship battle wasn’t great, but we were able to see some awesome things during this one!

8. Hubis (@hubis) said on 27th November 2011, 22:01

9/10 great atmosphere in braziill

9. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 27th November 2011, 22:18

I think Ronaldo’s little lad had it about right…
    Not a memorable race. Still better than many of last year’s ones though. Good to see Webber win again, but like Hamilton in Abu Dhabi I doubt he’d have kept up with a trouble-free Vettel.

10. PhilEReid (@philereid) said on 28th November 2011, 1:24

Have to say 5 or 6/10. Primarily, there were some tense moments, but otherwise, incredibly dull, second worst race after Valencia. The only thing that clinched it above it was the unfortunate retirements, and Rosberg v Sutil, and Sutil’s impressive drive. So, it was low, but thank God for a little shake up.

11. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 28th November 2011, 2:23

8, many will disagree but the biggest reason is many of the overtaking happened not in the DRS zone & whatever happened there was a reason of tyre issue or the car behind was actually a lot faster then the one in front.The move of Alonso on Button should go to be nominated as one of the best moves of the season.

• smifaye (@smifaye) said on 28th November 2011, 8:44

If Button hadn’t backed out then yes, but still an awesome move to even attempt it is pretty amazing.

Although Vettel did the same thing in 2009, without someone lifting.

12. Shomir (@shomir) said on 28th November 2011, 5:31

should i go as far to say that Abu Dhabi was more interesting???

13. Chalky (@chalky) said on 28th November 2011, 8:31

For a track that “scared” Martin Brundle silly, it hardly kept me awake.
    Vettel should have won, if he had a fully working bunch of cogs. Webber knew it and we knew it. Therefore it was a pretty dull victory.

14. smifaye (@smifaye) said on 28th November 2011, 8:42

I gave it a 7, which some people will probably think is pretty high. I even watched the race on iPlayer which takes something away from the excitement but it didn’t seem to this time. I made sure I kept away from twitter and the site so I could enjoy it fully.

I gave it a 7 because I just love Interlagos and watching the cars around that track is pure awesome. FOM seemed to provide team radio of teams further down the field and also showed action further down the field which was really nice to see for once.

I enjoyed the fact that no one knew what strategy people were on and that the tyres were not lasting as long as originally thought. I am happy for Mark Webber finally taking a win but you can’t help but feel that without Vettel’s problem, he would have been a long way behind.

I think part of the reason I gave it a 7 was because it was the last race of the season and I wanted to soak up as much of the enjoyment as I could.

15. I rated it 6/10. Just not good enough for such a fantastic track.

I think part of it was the stupid obsession with rain, which meant people were disappointed not to have it, meaning people didn’t like the race.

Although, apart from Alonso overtaking Button, Senna and Schumacher colliding, I can’t remember much that happened.

A shame to end such a wonderful year with a poor race.