Rate the race: 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix

Debates and polls

What did you think of the Brazilian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (7%)
  • 4 (8%)
  • 5 (19%)
  • 6 (29%)
  • 7 (21%)
  • 8 (8%)
  • 9 (2%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 415

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

152 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix

1 3 4 5
  1. Alain (@paganbasque) said on 28th November 2011, 9:50

5 out of 10.

A totally disappointing race, we had expected rain and chaos, and we saw an absolutely predictable race with very few moments to remark.

Once again the weather forecast has been incorrect, a poor job by the theoretically experts in this area, shame of you guys!.

2. rdpunk (@) said on 28th November 2011, 13:06

Gave it a 6 because although it was dull, it wasn’t the dullest we have season this season. Didn’t live up to all the hype and was below par for some reason.

3. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 28th November 2011, 13:33

Not one of the better ones if i’m honest, 6/10 from me.

However, i’m not going to rip it apart.

Alonso provided some excitement with an audacious over-take around Button but that was about all that excited me.

4. Eternal Newbie said on 28th November 2011, 13:45

Seeing both McLs overtaken in the first lap (and without DRS of course) was a big plus. Then Dumbo struggling to overtake Felipe Massa but being unable to. Felipe was swerving a bit too much and I was hoping for a nice big crash but got a Dumbo DNF instead, which is always a big joy to watch.

It would have been an 8 without the final overtake by Jenson Button. With the usual trouble with the primes for Ferrari and without the DRS we probably would have been watched a nice long struggle, Singapore 2010 or Imola 2005 style. But with the wretched DRS it was doomed. And seeing a Macca in the podium was a huge letdown.

5. Ginger (@ginger) said on 28th November 2011, 21:50

5, love this race normally but this was dull in a season of some classic races. I know that it didn’t help that the season for the WDC and Constructors was over but even allowing for that the excitement came from a couple of dodgy gearboxes. Poor.

6. KateM (@katem) said on 28th November 2011, 23:04

4 for me. Pretty pedestrian, especially for Interlagos.

I’m fairly sure that there wouldn’t be half as much fuss about a hollow victory if a driver from another team had been the one to gain from Vettel’s problems though, even regardless of the conspiracy theories. I don’t remember people moaning this much about Hamilton benefiting from the Red Bull crash at Turkey 2010, or Alonso winning at Korea that year after Vettel’s engine blew.

I’m not trying to suggest that it’s a conspiracy against Webber at all, its just people seem to get far more wound up when its the team mate who get’ the “gift” for some unknown reason.

7. Overall it was an anti-climax for me. I usually expect a good race from Interlagos and on Friday and Saturday everyone seemed to be saying there would be rain for the Grand Prix so I thought we would have a great season finale, however that is not what we got.

I was going to give the race only a 6 but on reflection it was no worse than Abu Dhabi which I ended up giving a 6.5 rounded up to a 7 so I gave Brazil a 7 also.

1 3 4 5