Jerome D’Ambrosio was satisfied with his performance in his final race for Virgin.
|Timo Glock||Jerome D’Ambrosio|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’17.060 (+0.041)||1’17.019|
Virgin drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Pit stop 1||Soft 22.452s|
Glock had a frustrated weekend, qualifying last then retiring when his left-rear wheel fell off during his first pit stop. “A very disappointing way to end the season,” he said.
The team was fined ?óÔÇÜ?¼5,000 for the infringement.
|Pit stop 1||Soft 21.859s|
|Pit stop 2||Medium 23.542s|
In his last race for Virgin, D’Ambrosio out-qualified his team mate, leaving Glock last on the grid.
He called the race “one of my best so far”, running ahead of Glock and Vitantonio Liuzzi before they retired.
However shortly after the race the team announced he was being replaced by Charles Pic for 2012.
2011 Brazilian Grand Prix
- Sutil voted Driver of the Weekend for Brazil
- Vettel “definitely affected” by gearbox problem – Webber
- 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for Brazilian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Gearbox glitch hands win to Webber
- McLaren: Button wanted to pass Alonso without using DRS
- Massa makes 100 Ferrari starts but no podium
- Ferrari: Alonso slips back on medium tyres
- Mercedes: Two-stop strategy leaves Rosberg vulnerable
- Force India: Sutil equals best result of the year
Image ?é?® Virgin Racing