Todfod wins F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship

Predictions Championship

Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Jenson Button, Interlagos, 2011

Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Jenson Button, Interlagos, 2011

Todfod has won this year’s Predictions Championship and tickets to next year’s British Grand Prix.

There was only a point in it after the final race with Todfod finishing on 250 points and Lotusien2 managing 249.

Doance won the final round of the year with Andy.Price finishing as runner-up.

See here for the full championship standings:

Prize winners in full

Grand prize: Todfod wins two grandstands tickets to the 2012 British Grand Prix

Second place prize: Lotusein2 wins an F1 painting of their choice by Rob Ijbema

The following win copies of the Haynes Official F1 Season Review 2011:

Jon Finn, S-D, MattHT, BrawnGP, adamtys, berlinerkindlGP, jimfaekillie, Dave M, florida mike and Pink Peril.

The following win copies of the Haynes Red Bull RB6 manual:

Benc22, penball, malleshmagdum, thekuna and dondada.

The Brazilian Grand Prix round winner was Doance, who wins a pair of F1 DVDs from Duke Video.

The Brazilian Grand Prix runner-up was Andy.Price who wins an official F1 Fanatic mug.

Thanks to everyone who played this year. Congratulations to our 55 prize winners over the course of the season and commiserations to those of you who didn’t win.

The competition prize winners will be sent further details by email later this week.

Here are the top scorers for the Brazilian round:

F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship 2011 - Brazil

PlayerPole TimePole1.2.3.4.5.Points
graham22822101:12.250 VETWEBVETBUTALOHAM31
bplowry01:11.567 VETWEBVETBUTALOHAM31
Doance01:12.104 VETHAMVETBUTALOMAS31
andy.price01:12.205 VETHAMVETBUTALOMAS31
chrispl01:12.222 HAMHAMVETBUTALOMAS29
Prof Kirk01:11.406 WEBWEBVETBUTHAMMAS29
Elreno01:12.112 WEBWEBVETBUTHAMMAS29
icemangrins01:14.232 HAMWEBVETBUTSCHMAS29
TommyB8901:11.111 WEBWEBBUTVETALOMAS22

The prizes

Here are the prizes in full:

Grand prize: Two grandstands tickets to the 2012 British Grand Prix

The person who scores the most points over the whole season will win two grandstand tickets to the 2012 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The grand prize winner will receive tickets to all three days of the event with reserved seating for the race.

The winners will have tickets for the Becketts grandstand which offers views of the spectacular, high-speed Becketts complex plus part of the new infield section of the track which saw so much action in the 2010 race.

Car-a-Day painting by Rob Ijbema

Second place prize: An F1 painting of your choice

The second place finisher will win an F1 painting by Rob Ijbema.

You get to choose which F1 driver, present or past, will feature in the painting. Or you can pick one of the other motor racing paintings on Rob’s site Car-a-day.

Runner-up prizes

The players who finish in third to 12th places will each win a copy of the Haynes Official F1 Season Review 2011.

And the players who finish in 13th to 17th places will each win a copy of the Haynes Red Bull RB6 manual.

Duke DVDs

Race winners prize: A pair of F1 DVDs

Duke Video are supplying the prize for the player who gets the highest score in each round.

Each race winner will get to pick any two from the following three new Duke motor racing DVDs:

F1 FAnatic mug

Race runners-up prize: F1 Fanatic mugs

The second place finisher in each race will win an official F1 Fanatic mug.

See here for more details on F1 Fanatic merchandise:

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty images

75 comments on Todfod wins F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship

1. FullSpe3d (@dryyoshi) said on 30th November 2011, 22:16

Congrats Todfod and everyone that won :D Shame for me as I was in the 100s by the middle of the season, but I’ve been dropping down, to my PB of 287 :D

2. schooner (@schooner) said on 30th November 2011, 22:39

Congrats to Todfod!

I wound up tied at 192nd, solidly among the mediocre!

Has anyone out there had the patience to go back and figure out what one would have scored had they picked, for every race, Vettel for the pole, and the top 5 in order of their ultimate rank in the standings? Keith?

3. Journeyer (@journeyer) said on 30th November 2011, 22:43

Well done, @todfod ! Mega job you did all year. :)

4. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 30th November 2011, 23:24

Well done, @Todfod ! Congratulations :)

I finished in the top 5%. Happy with that.

Looking forward to next year.

5. Considering I made my first prediction on a whim for this round, I’m not displeased with 4th (missed out on third by 0.02 seconds). I reckon I’ll definitely make this a regular feature next year.

Congrats to everyone who was pleased with themselves! (Because if you’re happy with 1000th place, then that’s awesome too)

6. florida mike (@florida-mike) said on 1st December 2011, 2:19

Great job Todfod! Enjoy Silverstone!

7. MagillaGorilla (@magillagorilla) said on 1st December 2011, 4:21

For my first season I’m surprised how well I did especially since I missed 7 or 8 rounds half of them because I was lazy. Yet I still won a round, now imagine how high up I could have been on the weekends I decided not to apply myself.

8. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 1st December 2011, 6:19

i wanted to be placed either in 2nd or from 14 to 17…….didnt want a CD, and didnt want tickets (cannot afford airfares to the UK)….so very happy with 15th :)

9. Scalextric (@scalextric) said on 1st December 2011, 6:30

Well done @Todfod (and all 54 other people ahead of me). Added a chunk of fun to the season, didn’t it?

10. Doance (@doance) said on 1st December 2011, 8:11

What?! I won? I thought I did crap this round. I predicted Hamilton to win, forgot the rest. lol wasn’t expecting that at all.

11. Straightline (@straightline) said on 1st December 2011, 9:28

congrats @todfod . thank you @Keith for a great competition.

12. Gurpz (@gurpz) said on 1st December 2011, 16:04

Congrats @todfod! Enjoy Silverstone!

13. sid_prasher (@) said on 1st December 2011, 19:38

@Todfod many congratulations!!!
    Tough luck @S-D and the others who were so very close!

14. Ell (@ell) said on 1st December 2011, 20:06