2011 F1 season
McLaren announced it has become the first carbon neutral Formula 1 team.
The team achieved the Carbon Trust Standard 12 months ago and since then has invested in carbon offsetting schemes in India and Brazil – countries chosen, the team says, for their prominence on the F1 calendar.
The team claims this has allowed it to “officially become fully carbon-neutral”.
McLaren has also been recognised by the government?óÔé¼Ôäós Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme. In a league table of more than 2000 participating British businesses McLaren was ranked 92nd, being the highest Formula 1 team and car manufacturer on the list.
Team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: “I’m both delighted and proud that Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has become the world?óÔé¼Ôäós first carbon-neutral Formula 1 team.
“It?óÔé¼Ôäós a considerable achievement: the result of a lot of hard work by a number of extremely dedicated individuals within our organisation, and a testament to our philosophy of continuous improvement within the workplace.”
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® McLaren
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others