Brundle joined by Croft and Davidson at Sky

Television

Sebastian Vettel, Martin Brundle, Suzuka, 2011

Sebastian Vettel, Martin Brundle, Suzuka, 2011

David Croft and Martin Brundle will share commentary duties during Sky’s Formula 1 coverage in 2012.

Anthony Davidson will follow Croft from BBC Radio 5 Live to the satellite broadcaster and remain alongside his co-commentator in practice sessions next year.

Natalie Pinkham and Ted Kravitz will also move across from the BBC to Sky’s F1 coverage team.

The Grand Prix weekends will be hosted by Simon Lazenby and Kravitz will participate in an F1 magazine show hosted by Georgie Thompson.

Former ITV F1 host Steve Rider will also appear in the coverage, to “stage a series of big interviews with racing legends of the past and present for Sky Sports”.

F1 on television

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty images

240 comments on Brundle joined by Croft and Davidson at Sky

1. Powderfinger (@powderfinger) said on 8th December 2011, 0:02

Well…. somehow I was expecting this but I am still disappointed that the BBC couldn’t keep David Croft, Anthony Davidson and the rest…….

I still won’t be getting it. Bernie Ecclestone and SKY really make me sick.

• Paul Q said on 10th December 2011, 14:28

“Seems like SKY is trying to make everyone to buy their product by moving them across.”

I didn’t think of it like that.

2. cubejam (@cubejam) said on 8th December 2011, 1:07

Looking forward to it. I think from 2012 onwards I won’t bother with the BBC at all. No need now that I know I can get the best on Sky.

3. Outsider said on 8th December 2011, 5:12

I really envy you lot in the UK. You get top quality F1 coverage. We still have to put up with Steve Slater! Thank God we have Gary Anderson now, he make things bearable.

4. manatcna (@manatcna) said on 8th December 2011, 5:17

Further to my post re Sky channels on VirginMedia, Page 3) this deal is only if you already have a Virgin subscription

5. ididnt said on 8th December 2011, 8:04

For me, the one positive of this whole unfortunate scenario is the fact that I will no longer be subjected to Jake Humphrey’s cringeworthy child-like demeanour and faux bonne-hommie.

He really has ruined F1 coverage for me.

6. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 8th December 2011, 9:24

I’ve written this forum post in an effort to help those unsure over the cheapest way of getting the channel next year:

Sky explain cheapest deal for F1 channel in 2012

7. Andy Wood (@Racingcrazy) said on 8th December 2011, 19:36

The BBC are reaping what they sow. They sold out the fans now most of their presenters are jumping ship and leaving them with an impossible task of compeating with SKY. Unfortunatly I like so many can’t justify or afford to pay for SKYF1. I’ve now gone form being angery about the deal to morning the loss of my beloved free-to-air F1. Looks like those of us who will tune in for the BBC shows will get a second rate service for next year and by the end of 2018 we will loose F1 totally from TV. Looks like its gonna be the piracy route for me as well. As Massa would say “Well done good job!” oh and we can’t touch you can we!