The world champion was picked by 43.9% of readers when asked to name the best driver of 2011.
Jenson Button claimed second place with 27.8% of votes. Fernando Alonso was third with 16.2% of votes.
Last year’s winner Lewis Hamilton could only muster 20 votes, just six more than Heikki Kovalainen.
2011 F1 Fanatic Driver Rankings
- 2011 F1 driver rankings: 28-16
- 2011 F1 driver rankings: 15-6
- 2011 F1 driver rankings no.5: Lewis Hamilton
- 2011 F1 driver rankings no.4: Nico Rosberg
- 2011 F1 driver rankings no.3: Jenson Button
- 2011 F1 driver rankings no.2: Fernando Alonso
- 2011 F1 driver rankings no.1: Sebastian Vettel
Pass of the Year: Mark Webber on Fernando Alonso
Mark Webber’s pass on Fernando Alonso at Eau Rouge in Spa was voted the best pass of 2011. It was picked by 46% of readers.
In a bumper year for overtaking, Vettel took the runner-up place for his pass on Alonso in the Italian Grand Prix, which was chosen by 20.4%.
In third place was another pass on Alonso – this time by Hamilton in the German Grand Prix, as voted by 9.0% of you.
- 2010: Robert Kubica on Jenson Button in Valencia
- 2009: Kamui Kobayashi on Jenson Button in Abu Dhabi
- 2008: Felipe Massa on Heikki Kovalainen and Rubens Barrichello in Canada
Overtaker of the Year: Jenson Button
Jenson Button received the most votes for Overtaker of the Year, taking 28.8% of your votes.
It was a close-run thing behind him: Hamilton was runner-up with 19.9%, Webber third on 17.4% and Schumacher fourth on 16.2%.
2011 F1 season review
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
- Sebastian Vettel voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
- F1 Fanatic’s article highlights of 2011
- Dominant Red Bull join F1’s top teams
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images