Red Bull have announced Sebastien Buemi will be their reserve driver for 2012.
Buemi drove for Toro Rosso from 2009 to 2011, but was dropped at the end of last season.
Buemi said: “It?óÔé¼Ôäós good to remain with Red Bull for another year and have this opportunity with the World Championship winning team.
“I would prefer to be driving at the races of course, but working with Red Bull Racing on the development of their car and providing them with feedback throughout the season is the next best thing.”
Christian Horner added: “It was entirely logical for Sebastien to continue with Red Bull having been a member of the Junior Team since 2004.
“He already knows the team well from his time with us in 2008 and has gained significant race experience over the past three years. He will complete important test and simulation work for us throughout the year and will be in attendance at each grand prix.”
More information on the 2012 F1 season.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images