Ferrari has recruited former Bridgestone technical director Hirohide Hamashima to improve its understanding of tyre performance.
Ferrari suffered persistent problems getting the harder of Pirelli’s tyre compounds to work with its car in 2011.
Hamashima oversaw Bridgestone’s supply of tyres in F1 until the manufacturer left at the end of 2010. He will report to technical director Pat Fry along with another new hiring, Steve Clark.
Clark, who takes the role of track engineer, joins the team from Mercedes.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles