Caption competition 1: Jenson Button

Caption competition

Jenson Button, Autosport International, 2004

Jenson Button, Autosport International, 2004

Having previously noticed the popularity of the caption competition thread in the forum I decided it was time to give the idea a slot of its own on the website.

And as today sees first public day at Autosport International I thought we should start things off with an earlier picture from the show.

Here’s Jenson Button at the opening of the 2004 event.

What use could the then-BAR driver find for a massive pair of novelty scissors?

Add your comedy caption in the comments and look out for the best in a future Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?é?® Autosport International

171 comments on Caption competition 1: Jenson Button

1 8 9 10
  1. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 16th January 2012, 14:36

Oh darn, I’m tired, and not only do I have to drive a BAR, but also hold these stupid scissors for the photo… I wonder if this was part of my contract…

2. antonyob (@antonyob) said on 16th January 2012, 18:13

And you thought Lewis was the biggest cut in the team

3. formooola1 said on 16th January 2012, 22:17

Oi Vetell…raise that finger one more time!!!!

4. PT (@pt) said on 17th January 2012, 5:30

Time to cut my head and paste it in the Red Bull cockpit for 2012, with the helmet of course.

5. Flieger said on 17th January 2012, 13:23

Hi Mom!

6. ken wilkinson said on 18th January 2012, 19:34

Jenson to start new Circumcision Clinic for F1 drivers.

7. Now where did that Fenando go….

8. is this what lewis use’s to look the way he does……hmmmm

9. JK (@justingt5) said on 23rd January 2012, 12:39

“Stand still, this wont hurt” !

10. Paulocreed (@paulocreed) said on 23rd January 2012, 15:14

New front wing design…… Pending FIA approval………. My assumption it was banned? :P

11. Daniel said on 29th January 2012, 14:56

The evidence on Button’s left ring finger was incontrovertible. Jenson was ordered to pay alimony, and the consequences of his Vegas nightmare had only just begun to unfold.

12. sweetie (@sweetie) said on 6th February 2012, 14:38

Im never doing a head and shoulders advert again after the haircut im gona give myself!!

13. JB: “Hey, Fernando, come here, Jessica will give you a quick short back and sides”

14. partmental (@partmental) said on 11th March 2012, 8:34

Red “Bullocks”

15. ericyct (@ericyct) said on 1st April 2012, 8:22

seb,I hate to see that 1st finger, show again and I show you how to get rid of it.

1 8 9 10