Caption competition 1: Jenson Button

Caption competition

Jenson Button, Autosport International, 2004

Jenson Button, Autosport International, 2004

Having previously noticed the popularity of the caption competition thread in the forum I decided it was time to give the idea a slot of its own on the website.

And as today sees first public day at Autosport International I thought we should start things off with an earlier picture from the show.

Here’s Jenson Button at the opening of the 2004 event.

What use could the then-BAR driver find for a massive pair of novelty scissors?

Add your comedy caption in the comments and look out for the best in a future Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?é?® Autosport International

171 comments on Caption competition 1: Jenson Button

1. Master firelee (@master-firelee) said on 14th January 2012, 22:54

“And finnaly the Jenson Button action figure goes on sale and as a bonus we decided to throw in a brand new pair of scissors so that you can cut his life-like beard down to size”

2. ob1kenobi.23 (@ob1kenobi23) said on 14th January 2012, 23:17

Drop me from Renault & call me a concrete post, eh Flavio.
    Wheres that thong.

3. Eastman (@eastman) said on 14th January 2012, 23:19

Get me back behind the wheel! You don’t know what I’m capable of man!

4. TheWittyWeasel (@thewittyweasel) said on 14th January 2012, 23:21

only i can look this sexy with a pair of scissors

5. OllyF1uk (@ollyf1uk) said on 14th January 2012, 23:40

I know the beard isn’t that popular but this present is ridiculous.

6. Stewart (@stewart) said on 14th January 2012, 23:48

Jenson’s shear pace has never been in question, even at BAR.

7. Kanil said on 14th January 2012, 23:57

“I’m coming for your happy bubble, Lewis…”

8. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 15th January 2012, 0:00

Someone’s taking the Resource Restriction Agreement a bit too seriously.

9. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 15th January 2012, 0:09

I’ve picked a winner – but if you’ve got more suggestions, keep ‘em coming!

10. melthom said on 15th January 2012, 1:38

Ok, Lewis, don’t annoy me to much or else I’ll turn you into a soprano.

11. These are the scissors he used to tear up his contract with Williams for 2005

12. Elliot Horwood said on 15th January 2012, 2:35

If i see another one of Eddie Jordans ridiculous shirts…

13. Jack Flash (Aust) said on 15th January 2012, 4:55

In reference to Jenson’s pink-shirted entourage….

“Jenson finds the only tool big enough to cut his ‘paternal’ umbilical cord”

Snigger :) …. JF

14. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 15th January 2012, 12:06

I will keep this with me to use it against Hamilton,so that he don’t hit me.

15. Tim Firkins said on 15th January 2012, 12:17

Another bad season then Sheep watch out as i am taking up Farming. “How Hard Can It Be”