Online launch for Red Bull RB8

2012 F1 season

Red Bull RB7 launch, Valencia, 2011

Red Bull RB7 launch, Valencia, 2011

Red Bull will reveal the car they hope to defend their back-to-back world championships with on February 6th.

The RB8 will be revealed online at 1pm on the day before testing begins.

Sauber have already confirmed their car launch on the same day. McLaren and Ferrari will launch their 2012 contenders earlier in February.

Keep track of all the car launch, test sessions, races and more with the F1 Fanatic Google Calendar

2012 F1 season

Browse all 2012 F1 season articles

Image ?? Julien Leroy / firstlap.be

26 comments on Online launch for Red Bull RB8

1. PJ (@pjtierney) said on 17th January 2012, 17:12

Can’t wait to see what they come up with. :)

2. Michaela (@michaela6) said on 17th January 2012, 17:13

ooooh yes, I love what they are doing for the fans around the world :D

3. Matty No 2 (@mattynotwo) said on 17th January 2012, 17:20

So how does it work, do we watch on the Red Bull web site?

• PJ (@pjtierney) said on 17th January 2012, 17:29

Last year Team Lotus (the green one) launched their car online via their digital magazine, Spark.

McLaren hosted a live stream of their unveiling from Berlin.

I vaguely remember Ferrari having one of those glitzy Italian launches they always have, not sure if it was streamed though.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 17th January 2012, 19:20

It was meant to be, but the live stream did not work.

• The Last Pope (@the-last-pope) said on 17th January 2012, 19:21

The Mclaren launch was excellent last year, Everyone in the chat was watching and saying “wow! whats up with those sidepods?” and then their website opened the online car viewer where you could view every angle of the new car and even drive it round the virtual test track.

That was a lot more fun than just waiting for someone to post the first pictures on the web.

4. celeste (@celeste) said on 17th January 2012, 17:31

I wonder if it will be blue? xD

5. JPedroCQF1 (@joao-pedro-cq) said on 17th January 2012, 17:39

It seems that every single day that the teams choose to launch their cars, I have classes. I don’t know if McLaren or Ferrari are streaming their launches, but Red Bull just found a way of putting me thinking about F1 and wondering about their new car at the Spanish lesson. This is getting ridiculous.

6. Rob Wilson (@rob-wilson) said on 17th January 2012, 18:15

I prefer live streams online rather than refreshing the home page of this website all day waiting for pictures!
    I assume McLaren & Ferrari will do the online launch events like they usually do.

I wonder if they will change the livery slightly? I think they should change the design up a little just to keep it fresh, a bit like what Force India do – same colours but just a bit different every season.

• yeah, they’ve had the Dark-Blue base for the past couple of years and its time for a freshen’up of the Livery. Perhaps a silver base to it (like a Diet can?)

And Im hoping Mclaren dump the chrome and use another car.

7. The Last Pope (@the-last-pope) said on 17th January 2012, 19:10

I’m looking forward to seeing Vettel wearing his lucky Red Bull tea cosy for the third car launch in a row.

8. sato113 (@sato113) said on 17th January 2012, 21:07

only 2 weeks til mclaren launch!

9. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 17th January 2012, 22:34

It’s on a Monday which means I’ll be at work. I’ll miss it. Pretty annoying!

10. ob1kenobi.23 (@ob1kenobi23) said on 18th January 2012, 3:06

Wonder has Seb thought of a name yet or does he have to see the car first.

11. It’s taken me until now to put my finger on why I always thought the RB7 was uglier than the RB6. It’s that truckload of Infiniti stickers. They don’t work for me.

12. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 18th January 2012, 23:19

Don’t know about anyone else but I found the RB7 pretty hideous from the get go. I guess quick cars don’t always look good, and Ferrari seem to be acknowledging this ;)