Kimi Raikkonen continues his F1 familiarisation in Valencia

F1 pictures

Kimi Raikkonen continued testing for Lotus in Valencia today.

Here are pictures from his second day at the track:

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Lotus F1 Team

22 comments on Kimi Raikkonen continues his F1 familiarisation in Valencia

1. Antranik (@antranik) said on 24th January 2012, 16:20

Lovin’ that white helmet!

• Klaas (@klaas) said on 24th January 2012, 19:22

I hope it’s just an ‘interim’ version of the helmet because in my opinion it’s looks somehow undone (in front).

• PT (@pt) said on 26th January 2012, 9:08

I hope he doesn’t change to a Bell because I love the shape of Arai helmets. I thought the team, from 2010, had a deal with Bell because all its drivers have Bell helmets. Robert Kubica too changed from Arai to Bell during pre-season testing in 2010. Heidfeld was an exception. Maybe the deal is no longer existent, or perhaps Raikkonen would change to a Bell later.

2. I Love The Pope said on 24th January 2012, 16:35

I hope he does well, but I just don’t have a strong feeling about Lotus.

• Gridlock (@gridlock) said on 24th January 2012, 17:35

Fascinating stuff!

It should be mandatory, in recognition of the intelligence and interest levels amongst the fans, for teams to release a sanitised spec sheet like this for all FIA approved sessions, ie testing and race weekends.

We could then have informed discussions about RBR’s camber decisions, team strategies, driver differences, etc. Turn 8 or 130R become much better benchmarks for car performance, the benefits are endless and I’m sure there’s a level of information the teams would agree to provide.

I get that the secret sauce of racing cars is in their setups but there must be a level of information sharing, especially post-race, that is better for the sport than what is currently done.

• Gridlock (@gridlock) said on 24th January 2012, 17:38

I don’t expect them to release data from that sheet the can be used to extrapolate competitive advantage, by the way. Stuff like vmax combined with weight split @225 and aero package choices must be dynamite to anyone with an f1 sim to play with, albeit on a 2 year old bodge-car running the ‘wrong’ tyres.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 25th January 2012, 3:29

Why, because the fans might like to see it? Most of it is going to be meaningless to the majority of us, and while we’re busy trying to decipher it, all of the other teams will be able to read it and use that information for their own setups.

• Julian (@julian) said on 24th January 2012, 20:53

Zoom and enhance :)

• Did you do this? It’s fantastic!!

3. Eggry (@eggry) said on 25th January 2012, 1:06

Is he number 9 this year or other meaning?

4. Chops (@chops) said on 25th January 2012, 2:01

Looks like Kimi has already been misbehaving, it didn’t take him long to get sent to the naughty corner!

5. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 25th January 2012, 13:36

STILL Renault is emblazoned on their helmets just above the visor. I thought they were old news, engines aside?

6. mr ROSSI (@mr-rossi) said on 25th January 2012, 23:54

i know kimi`s in a bit of a test mule but is there any lap times available?

7. I hope Mercedes and Lotus fight this year for title with SCHUMACHER vs. RAIKKONEN! It would be amazing!