Caption competition 3: Kimi Raikkonen

Caption competition

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Valencia, 2012

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Valencia, 2012

Kimi Raikkonen made his long-awaited return to F1 this week with a two-day test for Lotus in Valencia.

But as much as he might relish being back in F1 machinery, Raikkonen has never had much time for the media demands that go hand-in-hand with being a professional racing driver.

What might he have had to say to the press on his return to F1 this year? It’s over to you to supply the caption.

Remember to look out for the best in tomorrow’s Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?? Lotus F1 Team

190 comments on Caption competition 3: Kimi Raikkonen

1 3 4 5 6 7 9
  1. michaeldobson13 (@michaeldobson13) said on 28th January 2012, 18:02

Kimi has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Do you wish to send an error report?

2. Scalextric said on 28th January 2012, 18:09

RRA affects Lotus E20 seat fitting.

3. Tiffoc (@tiffoc) said on 28th January 2012, 18:29

Please Kimi have a choc ice. No thanks I only like Ferrari’s…

4. Quin10-10 said on 28th January 2012, 18:37

Before I answer any questions, I said ALL must genuflect before me!

5. Fred Schechter said on 28th January 2012, 18:46

Yes, I always have the engineers kneel before me. Why?

6. west (@west) said on 28th January 2012, 18:48

Kimi= i need a wining car ppppppppppppppp or i will

7. Venkman said on 28th January 2012, 18:53

Interviewer: “Kimi, we saw a picture of you looking closely at the setup of the car and its features with a team engineer, what did you learn?”

Kimi: “Not much really, of course there is the extra button for DRS in the steering wheel which I haven’t used yet. But they were nice to also put a AUTOPILOT, so I can press it when I’m hungover from Saturday night”

8. Bradwick said on 28th January 2012, 18:59

Kimi “white plastic patio chairs, I heard rumours of budget cuts but this is crazy”

9. charliewatts55 (@charliewatts55) said on 28th January 2012, 19:14

Mini milk!? I specifically asked for a choc ice!

10. David BR (@david-br) said on 28th January 2012, 19:20

Kimi: I know they said the Lotus motorhome is airy, but I didn’t realize they meant it’s the car park.

11. sw6569 (@sw6569) said on 28th January 2012, 19:26

Sofarthecarisverygoodandiamenjoyingmyreturntoformula1andlookgorwardtoyhefirstracewhereihopetoscoresomepoijtsandmaybegetonthepodiumbutwhoknowsijustwanttodowellforthelotusteam

12. Klaas (@klaas) said on 28th January 2012, 19:30

Interviewer: The most exciting moment in F1?
    Kimi: I think it’s the race start.
    Interviewer: The most boring?
    Kimi: Now.

13. DMC (@dmc) said on 28th January 2012, 19:32

Interviewer “Kimi arent you supposed to be doing sponsorship work right now.”

14. trebor27 (@trebor27) said on 28th January 2012, 19:37

Kimi was easily confused with the fact that the R30 wasn’t in its usual colours.

15. Fixy (@fixy) said on 28th January 2012, 19:42

“Kimi, that’s it! Have you enjoyed this interview?”
    “…Yes”
    “Great, because we’ll have one each week”

16. Finally we’ve got him to sit. Now if we can only get him to speak…

17. rdpunk (@) said on 28th January 2012, 19:49

“After citing the media as one reason for leaving F1 last time, Kimi settles into the seat of his new car.”

“The reactive suspension had so much of a strong effect on the body work of the E20.”

18. So did you watch much of the 2011 season to prepare yourself for this season?

yes, the last 30mins of brazil….. Webber had a cracking season didnt he?

19. Interviewer: So, Kimi, you obviously couldn’t keep away from F1 after 2 years away, are you pleased to be back?
    Kimi: Errr, not really, errr, but, errr, think that, errr, I need an ice bath, errr, that’s why, errr, they call me the Iceman, errr

20. Lotus49 (@lotus49) said on 28th January 2012, 20:28

“I must say I expected Lotus to have a better rest area than this, even in the old day we at least had a caravan to sit in”.

1 3 4 5 6 7 9