Caption competition 3: Kimi Raikkonen

Caption competition

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Valencia, 2012

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Valencia, 2012

Kimi Raikkonen made his long-awaited return to F1 this week with a two-day test for Lotus in Valencia.

But as much as he might relish being back in F1 machinery, Raikkonen has never had much time for the media demands that go hand-in-hand with being a professional racing driver.

What might he have had to say to the press on his return to F1 this year? It’s over to you to supply the caption.

Remember to look out for the best in tomorrow’s Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?é?® Lotus F1 Team

190 comments on Caption competition 3: Kimi Raikkonen

1 3 4 5 6 7 11
  1. THOMF1S said on 28th January 2012, 16:01

“…and when they said they’d provide a fully stocked ice-cream van to every race, I signed there and then!…

2. “So Kimi, you’ve certainly seen the new car already; Do you have any comments on iit?”

“Yeah, they forgot an ice-cream holder”

3. matt90 (@matt90) said on 28th January 2012, 16:17

Lotus man desperately presses the remote control, as Kimi appears to have frozen.

4. Joey-Poey (@joey-poey) said on 28th January 2012, 16:21

Interviewer: “Hey Kimi, how are you doing? Ready for this year?

Inside Kimi’s head: I’m doing well, it’s been a pleasure getting back into an F1 car. It will obviously be a challenge acclimating, but I feel up to it and look forward to competing once again. Naturally, I’d like to be driving this or last years car instead. The rules are rules, though, and we at Lotus believe in fair play. But if Schumacher can do it after being gone for so many years, I’m sure I can adapt to a couple missed seasons. If anything, I think the hunger in me is stronger than ever and I won’t disappoint my fans and my team with everything I’ll be putting into my drives this year.

Kimi: Fine. Yes.

5. Racehound said on 28th January 2012, 16:23

Mike Gascoyne says…”Kimi, can we improve your finish?” Kimi says…”No, I am from Finland, my Finnish is fine”!! (and yes I know he already said that years ago!) #:)

6. interviewer: Well Kimi, it must be great to be back… I think this is the most exited I’ve ever seen you

7. ‘well i was never happy with the colour of the Ferrari… so I was pleased to see that the Lotus colour scheme matched my personality.’

8. Chris (@eddie4102000) said on 28th January 2012, 16:51

Once again, Kimi told interviewers he was taking a ****…

9. matt90 (@matt90) said on 28th January 2012, 16:53

Back in Black

10. Chalky (@chalky) said on 28th January 2012, 16:56

In an attempt to improve Kimi’s media image for 2012, Renault have carefully assembled a lifelike “robotic” Kimi just for FIA press interviews. Here we have a unique ‘behind the scenes’ shot of “robotic” Kimi & operator in a test run.

11. trebor27 (@trebor27) said on 28th January 2012, 17:04

Interviewer – “Kimi, who do you see yourself beating this year. Obviously you will be fighting with Di Resta and Hulkenberg for points but do you see yourself troubling the Merc’s and possibly even Massa?”

Kimi – “Massa is on the grid?”

12. D_Dannyboy (@d_dannyboy) said on 28th January 2012, 17:06

“ok so i talk to you for 5 minutes then you hand over the ÂŁ100,000 and 2 cases of smirnoff”

13. “So Kimi, tell me why you decided to return to Formula 1″
    “Mumble, mumble, mumble, undecipherable string of words, mumble, money, blah, blah, money, mumble, mumble, blah, blah, blah”

14. KiwiUK (@kiwiuk) said on 28th January 2012, 17:18

The wire coming from Kimi’s leg wasn’t the only sign that Kimi was a robot…

15. Shine9585 (@shine9585) said on 28th January 2012, 17:21

“… and so I just went back to the motorhome for a choc ice”

1 3 4 5 6 7 11