Caption competition 3: Kimi Raikkonen

Caption competition

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Valencia, 2012

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Valencia, 2012

Kimi Raikkonen made his long-awaited return to F1 this week with a two-day test for Lotus in Valencia.

But as much as he might relish being back in F1 machinery, Raikkonen has never had much time for the media demands that go hand-in-hand with being a professional racing driver.

What might he have had to say to the press on his return to F1 this year? It’s over to you to supply the caption.

Remember to look out for the best in tomorrow’s Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?é?® Lotus F1 Team

190 comments on Caption competition 3: Kimi Raikkonen

1. F1 Observer (@f1-observer) said on 29th January 2012, 22:25

Interviewer: “Realistically, what are your chances for 2012?”

Kimi: “I think we, Scuderia Ferrari, have a good chance of some podiums this year…”

2. “Eh, car is good.”

3. ob1kenobi.23 (@ob1kenobi23) said on 30th January 2012, 4:03

Kimi, “Seb did what at the awards ceremoney”.

4. Bhudi (@bhudi) said on 30th January 2012, 6:15

“For sure, the car is nice colours”

5. Roy Minter said on 30th January 2012, 10:55

Who are you? And where’s my pizza?

6. chris said on 30th January 2012, 11:55

Kimi is uncharacteristically animated at a preseason interview in Valencia.

7. scribbler (@scribbler) said on 30th January 2012, 14:25

” I said i want black chairs with lumbar support and cupholders, For sure you must do this before i answer anymore questions. But yes i am thrilled to be back in F1 “

8. scribbler (@scribbler) said on 30th January 2012, 14:27

Answer to first question: “Yes”
    Answer to next three questions “No”
    Answer to last Question “For sure, i think so”

Wonderful Kimi riviting as usual.

9. Interviewer: “How many Mimosas did you have this morning, Mr. Raikkonen?”

Kimi: “I went with Bloody Marys this morning.”

10. tasimana said on 30th January 2012, 20:07

kimi – can I adjust the height of this chair?
    Interviewer- no the IKEA banned the use of allen keys.
    Kimi – just like my car then!

11. tasimana said on 30th January 2012, 20:21

Interviewer- Kimi if your hot you can take your beenie off
    Kimi- I can’t. Its surgically stapled and can’t be removed. My ode to the choc top. Anyone for icecream?

12. Steven said on 30th January 2012, 20:37

Kimi has his first seat fitting for the new Lotus and is concerned to hear about the new ride height rules for 2012.

13. ob1kenobi.23 (@ob1kenobi23) said on 31st January 2012, 1:20

Kimi, “are you absolutely certain this is a commode that I”m sitting on”.

14. Matthew Furneaux said on 31st January 2012, 13:16

the lotus guy is saying “answer the nice interviewer Kimi and you can have this ice cream.”

15. Roger Camp (@rogercamp) said on 4th February 2012, 18:23

Interviewer: So Kimi, are you ready for the interview?
    Kimi: Another one already?! I had one just 5 days ago. Oh man, I’m getting tired of interviews, it’s always the same f… questions… I came here to drive and I believe the fans are expecting it, not those silly interviews. Come on!

16. Pankit said on 6th February 2012, 4:55

Kimi – ” Croak Croak Croak Croak”

Interviewer – ” I cant really understand you.”

Kimi – ” Croak Croak Croak Croak”

17. KR: “So let me get this absolutely clear, you’re telling me that qualifying at Monza will be in reverse gear only?”

Int: “Yes, that’s right.”

KR: “…. reverse gear, not reverse track configuration?”

Int: “Yes, that’s right.”

KR: “…. , well that’s not too bad.”

18. “I told you I donĀ“t want chewing gum, servant! Now leave.”

19. TheJudge (@thejudge) said on 25th February 2012, 11:24

INT- “So,Kimi,what are your feelings about your return to the sport?”
    RAI- “Emmm,well,emmm,I want an Icecream.”

20. ericyct (@ericyct) said on 1st April 2012, 8:05

Media: Kimi, what is the thing you missed most in F1?

Kimi: Ice cream & coke.