Lotus 1958-1994: The F1 Fanatic Quiz

F1 Fanatic Quiz

Emerson Fittipaldi, Colin Chapman, Lotus, Osterreichring, 1972

Emerson Fittipaldi, Colin Chapman, Lotus, Osterreichring, 1972

The Lotus name has attracted more attention in recent years for the row over which team gets to use it than their performance on the track.

Of course it wasn’t always that way – the original Lotus won a string of championships and scores of races in the sixties, seventies and eighties.

How well do you remember the original incarnation of Lotus? Take this new F1 Fanatic Quiz now and find out.

If you’ve not done one of our quizzes take a quick look at this quick guide first:

You can compare your overall score with other F1 Fanatics and take more quizzes here:

If you don’t already have one, you will need to register an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found here:

How did you get on? Share your score in the comments – but remember not to leave clues about the questions!

F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Browse all F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Image ?? Ford | Quiz image ?? Pirelli

20 comments on Lotus 1958-1994: The F1 Fanatic Quiz

1. BasCB (@bascb) said on 31st January 2012, 15:02

Ah, how nice to have a Lotus quiz on the day they announce yet another plan to go racing in a major category of motorsports.

Let’s hope they do better than I expect to do in the quiz then!

2. Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 31st January 2012, 15:05

Damn, was just filling in the final question and ran out of time! Did it again with the same answers and only got 10 though. That 0 is going to really hurt my place in the top 10 on the leaderboards…

3. Tango (@tango) said on 31st January 2012, 15:06

Oh man, this one is going to be difficult…. I know nearly nothing of the lotus years.

4. Slr (@slr) said on 31st January 2012, 15:17

2 out of 20 – GET IN!!!

5. Chalky (@chalky) said on 31st January 2012, 15:58

Mind went blank. Only 3 and I have a DVD on Lotus at home. Shamefull

6. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 31st January 2012, 16:21

Aaaargh, that was tough. I’m OK on drivers, but when it comes to car numbers I’m in lots of trouble, usually serious…

7. foleyger (@foleyger) said on 31st January 2012, 16:35

I got 6. found it awful tough

8. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 31st January 2012, 16:48

A shameful 0, although my first season of proper F1 was 2007. I would like it if someone could tell me some good documentaries where I could see more of the mid years of F1.

9. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 31st January 2012, 17:03

now I’m really confused, as this was the most brutal quiz in F1Fanatics history, and I was born in 1985, so have mainly only “second hand” memories of Lotus, and still this was my first 20/20.
    and I think that question nr. 16 was tricky.

10. 3/20. I know very very little about F1 from before the 1990s, and even less than that from before the ’80s.

11. Well that was truly appalling! A spectacular 2 for me then! But i’m glad I kept my dignity by not looking it up, as others have done! Colin Chapman himself wouldn’t have got 20/20 on that!

12. Tom (@tomforpresident) said on 31st January 2012, 21:20

1st quiz and i get a score of 1! i’m sure this will be a trend though and by my twentieth quiz i will get 20 points, it’s only logical…

13. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 1st February 2012, 15:13

Forgot the timer and run out of time when I had just entered the last answer and was about to press the submit button… 13/20 on the rerun, not very good.

14. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 8th February 2012, 11:02

0/20 :D

At least i’ll never do any worse.