Toro Rosso STR7 – first pictures and video of Toro Rosso’s 2012 F1 car

2012 F1 cars

Toro Rosso revealed their 2012 F1 car, the STR7, in Jerez today.

Toro Rosso have an all-new driver line-up for 2012, with Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne taking over from Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi.

Toro Rosso STR7 pictures

More images will be added here

2012 F1 cars

Browse all 2012 F1 cars articles

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty images

57 comments on Toro Rosso STR7 – first pictures and video of Toro Rosso’s 2012 F1 car

1. That looks alright. It doesn’t really look like properly stepped section compared to it’s big brother, it looks more like the edges have been raised and the middle looks fairly smooth. The 2010 Toro Rosso does this as well.

2. SamC (@samc) said on 6th February 2012, 17:44

I’m getting used to the noses looking like platypus now, but I’m starting to think all the cars just look too similar, except the McLaren with it’s smooth nose of course and the hideous Ferrari at the other extreme, I’m glad they all have such distinctive livery or we wouldn’t be able to tell them apart!
    On the plus side I hope this means we get more even racing, Vettel seems to think the rules will close the field up, I’m not so convinced that’s not just him hedging his bets a bit.
    I’d just like to see a bit more variety of shape and design but I know it’s difficult.

• Solo (@solo) said on 6th February 2012, 23:29

No the field will definitely be close because of the ban in blown exhaust. The big teams took better advantage of that with Red Bull at the top so now everyone will be closer.

3. One of the more attractive cars for 2012, and I agree about the blue and gold colours, they are great. Wish there was more gold though – these sponsors ruin livery don’t they!

4. UKFan (@) said on 6th February 2012, 18:41

Those sidepods look extreme packaging especially if you consider all the opponents still looks like STR and RBR departure ways cause this car has a completly different concept, the RB8 looks like it is still very focused in the coke bottle, the diffuser and exhaust, this looks more like the Mclaren and Ferrari.

• UKFan (@) said on 6th February 2012, 18:54

everyone will have cooling issues but I dont think they can keep the sidepods like that, Red Bulls look very small but they also have a big intake and may have a linkage to the rear I cant see that in here.

5. TommyB (@tommyb89) said on 6th February 2012, 18:58

Best looking livery as always.

6. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 6th February 2012, 19:27

I’m really glad that there are some cars that have got the aesthetics right, regarding the step in the nose. In my opinion, the McLaren still looks the best, but this and the Force India are definitely good-looking as well.

I’m intrigued by the sizeable undercut that the Toro Rosso has gone with here. Here’s hoping for an even more competitive Formula 1 season.

Bring on pre-season testing :D

7. celeste (@celeste) said on 6th February 2012, 19:31

I know that some people are fans of Daniel Riccardo smile, but It reminds me at when I ask my frined 5 year old daughter to smile.

Is it me of this picture look red…

8. Maican Ionut (@ionutf1fanatic) said on 6th February 2012, 19:32

One of the best looking cars on the 2012 grid.Just awesome the livery.And the shape of the car is also very nice :) I’m looking forward for first session of testing.

9. Mustalainen (@mustalainen) said on 6th February 2012, 20:47

Great looking car there!

10. Mike (@mike) said on 7th February 2012, 7:15

I think if this team was independent rather than Red Bull number 2 it could be a very popular outfit.

I think the Red Bull connection hurts them that way.

• dennis (@dennis) said on 7th February 2012, 8:09

I’d like to remind you that they were Minardi some time ago and constantly on the brink of going bankrupt. I think if anything the Red Bull connection kept them alive.

11. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 7th February 2012, 10:29

Another lovely looking car from Toro Rosso. Looks better than the RB8 but I expected it would.

I think this and the E20 have the best looking stepped noses so far.

12. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 8th February 2012, 11:10

Wow! Look at the sidepods on this thing too, the floor is pretty interesting!

Just catching up with all the car launches as I’ve been away! I’m like a kid in a candy shop!