Toro Rosso STR7 – first pictures and video of Toro Rosso’s 2012 F1 car

2012 F1 cars

Toro Rosso revealed their 2012 F1 car, the STR7, in Jerez today.

Toro Rosso have an all-new driver line-up for 2012, with Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne taking over from Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi.

Toro Rosso STR7 pictures

More images will be added here

2012 F1 cars

Browse all 2012 F1 cars articles

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty images

57 comments on Toro Rosso STR7 – first pictures and video of Toro Rosso’s 2012 F1 car

1. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 6th February 2012, 19:27

I’m really glad that there are some cars that have got the aesthetics right, regarding the step in the nose. In my opinion, the McLaren still looks the best, but this and the Force India are definitely good-looking as well.

I’m intrigued by the sizeable undercut that the Toro Rosso has gone with here. Here’s hoping for an even more competitive Formula 1 season.

Bring on pre-season testing :D

2. celeste (@celeste) said on 6th February 2012, 19:31

I know that some people are fans of Daniel Riccardo smile, but It reminds me at when I ask my frined 5 year old daughter to smile.

Is it me of this picture look red…

3. Maican Ionut (@ionutf1fanatic) said on 6th February 2012, 19:32

One of the best looking cars on the 2012 grid.Just awesome the livery.And the shape of the car is also very nice :) I’m looking forward for first session of testing.

4. Mustalainen (@mustalainen) said on 6th February 2012, 20:47

Great looking car there!

5. Mike (@mike) said on 7th February 2012, 7:15

I think if this team was independent rather than Red Bull number 2 it could be a very popular outfit.

I think the Red Bull connection hurts them that way.

• dennis (@dennis) said on 7th February 2012, 8:09

I’d like to remind you that they were Minardi some time ago and constantly on the brink of going bankrupt. I think if anything the Red Bull connection kept them alive.

6. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 7th February 2012, 10:29

Another lovely looking car from Toro Rosso. Looks better than the RB8 but I expected it would.

I think this and the E20 have the best looking stepped noses so far.

7. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 8th February 2012, 11:10

Wow! Look at the sidepods on this thing too, the floor is pretty interesting!

Just catching up with all the car launches as I’ve been away! I’m like a kid in a candy shop!