Jerez test day three in pictures

F1 pictures

Pictures from the third day of testing at Jerez on Thursday.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Williams/LAT, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India/Sutton, Sauber F1 Team, Lotus F1 Team, Motioncompany

37 comments on Jerez test day three in pictures

1. RichyB (@richyb) said on 9th February 2012, 16:14

Good to see Seb starting as he means to go on this season, as he seeks to become Double World Champion in the BBC ‘Most Helmet Changes’ Awards!

2. Hey Keith, do you have any McLaren pictures at all?

3. 2Ugandan Discussions said on 9th February 2012, 17:36

As usual the McLaren was too fast to be caught on camera methinks

4. Diogenes said on 9th February 2012, 17:54

And finally here is a clear view of the exhaust solution being used by McLaren today:

Sky Sports Hamilton McLaren

• nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 9th February 2012, 18:23

still don’t think this is the final McLaren package as Martin Whitmarsh was quoted saying we will see a very different car at the 1st race….

• Diogenes said on 9th February 2012, 18:45

I agree, that’s why I said today,they are probably testing many variations but with the dearth of pics we haven’t seen them.

• Looks a bit controversial to me. That channel to direct gases suggest a pure aerodynamic us of the exhausts…

• BBT (@bbt) said on 9th February 2012, 19:43

That’s the same as the 1st day.

• Mike (@mike) said on 9th February 2012, 21:36

@BBT It’s a bit different. Here we have the pipe itself finishing further into the body work. Using bodywork to direct the flow of air is, as @Matt said controversial.

I’m fairly sure, if this is there solution that they will have to fight the rulebook if they want to keep it.

• BBT (@bbt) said on 10th February 2012, 8:25

@Mike To be honest I can’t spot the difference (although I can find Mondays picture now to compare). Looks like the same angle and body work channel to me, the one I commented on Monday. I think it a clever idea, wonder if it will get banned. Scarbs reckons in might break the rules, I’m not so sure is does, but I know nothing ;-)

• @BBT I know nothing either, I just like to talk out of my….. big head?

err… right….. Well, I thought originally that the pipe ended flat with the bodywork. But because it’s cut out it shows that the bodywork extends beyond the exhaust exit. Using the bodywork to direct the exhaust is illegal… Or at least I think it is. So I’m not sure what exactly is going on.

• @Mike They’ve been doing that all week, i thought it was something new today, the comment says today. It only the fake exhaust on the launch where the body work was not cut away.

• @BBT Oh I see, Thanks. :D

5. For a while there I thought I was looking at photo of Ayrton Senna. Bruno in that white balaclava looked so much like him.

6. driftin said on 9th February 2012, 19:08

Bruno looks more and more like his uncle every day. It’s scary.

• dennis (@dennis) said on 9th February 2012, 19:15

It would be great for the sport and Brazil if he’d also start driving like his uncle.

• Maybe he will if he did not stop at 10years old after his uncle passed and only started to race at 20. Imagine the possibilities, if he continues racing in his teenage years like Vettel, Hamilton etc. Since fate is such, lets Bruno be Bruno and not Ayrton.

• Eleanore said on 10th February 2012, 3:01

Couldn’t agree more. I have to commend him for dealing with the constant comparisons for so many years with such a good attitude. I’m not sure I’d be so patient in his shoes.

7. What’s up with there being no McLaren pics? They ban you from doing it?

8. Snafu (@snafu) said on 9th February 2012, 19:25

is there any measuring device attached to red bull??
    it seems they’re just fine tuning the car!

9. Randy (@randy) said on 9th February 2012, 19:38

Kudos to the cameramen for snatching some photos of Bianchi today, i thought he crashed too quickly. ;)

10. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 9th February 2012, 21:30

Two things I noticed.

One, I like Vettel’s helmet. I always like his.

Two, RBR have opted to put the ‘speedometer’ on the edge of the cockpit instead of on the wheel itself.

• Andrew said on 9th February 2012, 21:53

Not to be a spoilsport or anything, but I think both RBR/STR have had that configuration since the 2008 season. Just thought I’d let you know

11. Mike (@mike) said on 9th February 2012, 21:42

Fantastic pictures.

Without this site you’d never see all these pictures in the same place. Just brilliant.