Caption Competition 5: HRT

Caption competition

Pedro de la Rosa, Luis Perez-Sala, Jerez, 2012

Pedro de la Rosa, Luis Perez-Sala, Jerez, 2012

It’s not been a good week for HRT. The team admitted their new car’s debut had been delayed as it had failed a crash test.

Is this what Pedro de la Rosa was discussing with team principal Luis Perez-Sala? Supply your caption for the picture above in the comments.

Remember to look out for a selection of the best in tomorrow’s Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?? Motioncompany

182 comments on Caption Competition 5: HRT

1. Steven said on 11th February 2012, 11:51

So how fast do I have to turn the pedals.

2. Cyclops_PL (@cyclops_pl) said on 11th February 2012, 11:52

When I was young we were driving lawn mowers and nobody complained.

3. mitz1111 (@mitz1111) said on 11th February 2012, 11:53

Pedro:I’m sure our new car will be “this” much faster than Mclaren.Lets delay our car unveiling and show them with the power of the Spanish!!

4. Bhavesh said on 11th February 2012, 11:55

Perdo any ideas how we can race this year?

How much do you reckon for the safety car?

5. Dougy_D (@dougy_d) said on 11th February 2012, 12:08

Pedro: You call that a car!?! Beam me up Scotty!

6. Berlinette said on 11th February 2012, 12:10

PDLR: There’s something missing there, but I don’t have a clue right now…
    LPS: Yeah, I miss Marussia too.

7. Eggry (@eggry) said on 11th February 2012, 12:14

What are they doing? / I don’t know

8. f1alex (@f1alex) said on 11th February 2012, 12:16

“Maybe if we stand here looking sad, someone will make a new car for us”

(If someone can spot the relatively obscure Simpsons reference they get a special prize…*)

*That being the prize of nothing

9. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 11th February 2012, 12:19

I have a cunning plan, sir !

10. Pedro: Was the car meant to explode?

11. saintmoz said on 11th February 2012, 12:23

Luis Perez-Sala: We’re really living the life
    Pedro de la Rosa: Well I hope my life turns out better than Gary Brabham or Bruno Giacomellis’ did.

12. cjpdk (@cjpdk) said on 11th February 2012, 12:26

Failure HuRTs

13. We may aswell make our car’s nose look good, it doesn’t seem to have much of chance against Marussia

14. Colossal Squid (@colossal-squid) said on 11th February 2012, 12:35

“What is speed? Luis don’t HRT me, don’t HRT me, no more…”

15. F1George (@f1george) said on 11th February 2012, 12:36

…..meanwhile, at the old peoples home….

16. bearforce1 said on 11th February 2012, 12:46

I paid 40 million to drive that…

17. tony s said on 11th February 2012, 12:49

You know, I’m sure its not too late to call ferrari and buy last year’s car. Forgot all this expensive r&d. Some big guy sits on the nose to lower it – job done! In fact, there’s a 5 year old focus for sale that will go quicker than our car, would past the crash tests, go for several races on same tank of fuel!

18. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 11th February 2012, 12:54

(almost) as seen in the movie The Fast and the Furious, after smoke came out of a cars’ hood at the end of the race: “It don’t matter if you lose by an inch or a mile… losing’s losing”

19. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 11th February 2012, 12:57

The HRT Locker: A film about agony and desperation. Starring PD Rosa and N Karthikeyan

20. frankus28 (@frankus28) said on 11th February 2012, 13:00

PDLR: I’m surprised and fearful of our ruthless inefficiency…