Caption Competition 5: HRT

Caption competition

Pedro de la Rosa, Luis Perez-Sala, Jerez, 2012

Pedro de la Rosa, Luis Perez-Sala, Jerez, 2012

It’s not been a good week for HRT. The team admitted their new car’s debut had been delayed as it had failed a crash test.

Is this what Pedro de la Rosa was discussing with team principal Luis Perez-Sala? Supply your caption for the picture above in the comments.

Remember to look out for a selection of the best in tomorrow’s Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?é?® Motioncompany

182 comments on Caption Competition 5: HRT

1. Berlinette said on 11th February 2012, 12:10

PDLR: There’s something missing there, but I don’t have a clue right now…
    LPS: Yeah, I miss Marussia too.

2. Eggry (@eggry) said on 11th February 2012, 12:14

What are they doing? / I don’t know

3. f1alex (@f1alex) said on 11th February 2012, 12:16

“Maybe if we stand here looking sad, someone will make a new car for us”

(If someone can spot the relatively obscure Simpsons reference they get a special prize…*)

*That being the prize of nothing

4. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 11th February 2012, 12:19

I have a cunning plan, sir !

5. Pedro: Was the car meant to explode?

6. saintmoz said on 11th February 2012, 12:23

Luis Perez-Sala: We’re really living the life
    Pedro de la Rosa: Well I hope my life turns out better than Gary Brabham or Bruno Giacomellis’ did.

7. cjpdk (@cjpdk) said on 11th February 2012, 12:26

Failure HuRTs

8. We may aswell make our car’s nose look good, it doesn’t seem to have much of chance against Marussia

9. Colossal Squid (@colossal-squid) said on 11th February 2012, 12:35

“What is speed? Luis don’t HRT me, don’t HRT me, no more…”

10. F1George (@f1george) said on 11th February 2012, 12:36

…..meanwhile, at the old peoples home….

11. bearforce1 said on 11th February 2012, 12:46

I paid 40 million to drive that…

12. tony s said on 11th February 2012, 12:49

You know, I’m sure its not too late to call ferrari and buy last year’s car. Forgot all this expensive r&d. Some big guy sits on the nose to lower it – job done! In fact, there’s a 5 year old focus for sale that will go quicker than our car, would past the crash tests, go for several races on same tank of fuel!

13. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 11th February 2012, 12:54

(almost) as seen in the movie The Fast and the Furious, after smoke came out of a cars’ hood at the end of the race: “It don’t matter if you lose by an inch or a mile… losing’s losing”

14. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 11th February 2012, 12:57

The HRT Locker: A film about agony and desperation. Starring PD Rosa and N Karthikeyan

15. frankus28 (@frankus28) said on 11th February 2012, 13:00

PDLR: I’m surprised and fearful of our ruthless inefficiency…