2009 F1 season – The F1 Fanatic Quiz

F1 Fanatic Quiz

The 2009 German Grand Prix gets started

Kimi Raikkonen makes his return to Formula 1 this season after two years away.

He last raced in 2009 – a year that saw the astonishing one-off triumph of Brawn, the debut of Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems, and some strange-looking cars thanks to the new aerodynamic rules.

But how well do you remember the 2009 season? Test your knowledge with the newest F1 Fanatic Quiz.

If you’ve not done one of our quizzes take a quick look at this quick guide first:

You can compare your overall score with other F1 Fanatics and take more quizzes here:

If you don’t already have one, you will need to register an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found here:

How did you get on? Share your score in the comments – but remember not to leave clues about the questions!

F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Browse all F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Image ?? Brawn GP

34 comments on 2009 F1 season – The F1 Fanatic Quiz

1. Holy petunias, that Brawn had a low nose!

2. BasCB (@bascb) said on 13th February 2012, 12:55

Ok, that’s a recent season, should be ok then :-)

3. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 13th February 2012, 13:10

15/20, my best for a while!

4. dennis (@dennis) said on 13th February 2012, 13:24

Gah… I hate doing these at work. Naturally the phone rang inbetween… 0/20. I knew a bunch. At least 15.

5. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 13th February 2012, 14:05

11/20, jeez that was actually hard. And those multi-choice questions… I remembered usually one correctly, but had no idea for the rest.

6. sumedhvidwans (@sumedhvidwans) said on 13th February 2012, 14:32

14/20, not good. Some were tough.

7. John H (@john-h) said on 13th February 2012, 15:03

Please don’t call while I’m in the middle of the quiz… arggghhhh!!!!

8. AdrianMorse (@adrianmorse) said on 13th February 2012, 15:05

7/20 and I had to usher a colleague out of the room ;)

Prior to taking the quiz, I thought I should have good knowledge of such relatively recent events, but it turns out the little things had all but slipped my mind.

9. ScuderiaVincero (@scuderiavincero) said on 13th February 2012, 15:21

Gah, computer froze in the middle of the quiz :'(

10. Guilherme (@guilherme) said on 13th February 2012, 15:41

18/20, not bad!

That last question was hard, I had no idea what the correct answer was.

11. Roald (@roald) said on 13th February 2012, 17:06

Well, looking at the cars in the picture above… at least the cars got a little prettier over the years. Except for the 2012-spec noses of course, but that goes without saying.

12. Jake (@jleigh) said on 13th February 2012, 17:38

Is there any way of having the clock visible at all times? Got 0 as I forgot to check the time, did it again though and got 16 (didn’t cheat) which is my best for a while so happy :)

13. Renner (@renner) said on 13th February 2012, 17:58

Why are there only 15 cars in the picture?

14. apparently I need 6 minutes for these quizzes….

15. sato113 (@sato113) said on 13th February 2012, 20:19

noo. 6/10.
    keith on one of the questions ( i think number 8 or 9?) there are two exactly the same choices that appear when you start typing the answer. could one be wrong?