2012 F1 cars
Mercedes are testing the 2012 F1 car at Silverstone today.
The W03 has been filmed testing at the home of the British Grand Prix, near the team’s base in Brackley. Although the car appears quite small in the video above it is possible to see a characteristic 2012 ‘stepped nose’ at the front of the W03.
Mercedes later confirmed details of the test on Twitter, saying: “We?óÔé¼Ôäóre happy to report that our new car, the F1 W03, completed its first 100 kms during a filming day today.
“Nico [Rosberg] and Michael [Schumacher] completed 50km each at Silverstone, with Nico taking the W03 out for its first lap at 10.24am (precisely).”
The car is due to be officially revealed on Tuesday next week at the Circuit de Catalunya.
2012 F1 cars
- New HRT F112 seen for the first time in Spain
- New Marussia MR01 breaks cover at Silverstone
- A closer look at the Caterham CT01
- Mercedes W03 officially revealed in Spain
- Picture: Mercedes W03 spied at Silverstone
- Mercedes W03 spotted testing at Silverstone
- Williams FW34 launch: First pictures of their 2012 F1 car
- Toro Rosso STR7 – first pictures and video of Toro Rosso’s 2012 F1 car
- Red Bull RB8 launch – first pictures and video of Red Bull’s 2012 F1 car
- Sauber C31 launch – first pictures and video of Sauber’s 2012 F1 car
Browse all 2012 F1 cars articles
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others