HRT’s ‘F112′ is last year’s car

2012 F1 season

Update: Here’s the real HRT F112.

HRT published an image of a car labelled the ‘F112′ on their website today.

However the team later confirmed the car in question was actually a F111 – the 2011 model.

Here is the image which was published today:

2012 F1 season

Browse all 2012 F1 season articles

Image ?? Motioncompany

89 comments on HRT’s ‘F112′ is last year’s car

1. Eggry (@eggry) said on 21st February 2012, 14:43

So they’re not stepped nose anyway. Mclaren, you’re not alone.

2. nackavich (@nackavich) said on 21st February 2012, 14:45

They’re some nice black wheels. Because thats all I can see on that white background!

3. Interestingly, HRT have still got Liuzzi in their drivers’ section, below Dani Clos… Clos’ role is “test driver”, Liuzzi’s is “driver”.
    As they have revisited completely the site for 2012, it’s almost impossible that they’ve missed him – actually it looks like they’ve updated his profile. Or they might want to keep all the drivers who drove for them since 2011.

4. I believe that’s the f111, if it’s the F112 then why worry about the crash tests, use the f111.

5. Plus I’m sure HRT are using KERS this year

6. Metal Mr. L (@metalluigi) said on 21st February 2012, 14:57

If McLaren weren’t worried about their nose before, they will be now.

7. PJ (@pjtierney) said on 21st February 2012, 15:39

Is this the car before or after the crash test?

8. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 21st February 2012, 16:32

@keithcollantine have you contacted HRT? because apparently that’s not the F112 after all.

9. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 21st February 2012, 16:34

Looks alright so far, and De La Rosa should be able to extract what performance it has hidden away, but it does look a bit too similar to last year’s car, which was rather similar to the 2010 car. Time will tell…

10. Adam (@adjames) said on 21st February 2012, 17:02

I’m pretty sure it’s the F111 (which may in deed end up racing this year!)- check this image out of the car at the same angle:

11. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 21st February 2012, 17:46

HRT have now confirmed the car is actually last year’s car, despite being clearly referred to as an “F112″ on their website.

I have (heavily) revised the article above accordingly.

12. I Love Pope Benedict XVI said on 21st February 2012, 18:09

Is Andrea Sassetti secretly running this team?

13. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 21st February 2012, 20:53

I love how much support HRT are getting these days, I’ve always respected them and had a soft spot for them! I want to give them a big cuddle.

Whatever happens with the car, I’m looking forward to their livery.

14. At least they aren’t USF1, now that’s a poor team.

15. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 22nd February 2012, 3:22

1st thought,thanks other then Mclaren someone did turn up with a good nose.

16. Fixy (@fixy) said on 5th March 2012, 19:07

I’d missed the news the “F112″ was actually the F111… the real F112 is different, luckily (but not too much).